Map request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
Hello mapper peeps,

If anyone is looking for a little mapping project, I have a little request if someone would like to tackle it.

Basically, I'd like to see a DOM map where two people are required to take a control point: perhaps one has to stand on a switch at one end of a room to open a door to the cp while the teammate tags it or something like that. The cp should always be visible though, and there should be three cps. Also, each cp should play differently, some more easily defensible with supplies nearby or restricted entries while other would require roaming around to stay at a good health level/ammo count. No invisibility, No redeemer. This would be intended for clan play though obviously I can't guarantee that will happen since this would be an experiment :D

I'm more than willing to discuss this in detail, I can be reached in #ultraunreal on ETG IRC or you can email me rhakka@ultraunreal.com. If anyone is interested in diddling around with this sort of map please let me know! I think this could be a very interesting variant for DOM play, requiring more teamwork than normal. Thanks for your consideration!

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
decent idea, but it seems it might be a little easy to control a point once it was secured, unless you get people who obviously know about it ahead of time and can work together. i wouldn't mind doing it, but i'm busy with nali chronicles at the moment. if you like DOM though, try DOM-TwinPeaks at Nalicity.

rhakka

May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
well the entire idea is to slow down the retag rates you currently see. There are many cp's out there which are constantly shifting color as teams t/l over them in midfight, and I'm interested in seeing how a more "momentum based" game is received, where once you nab it the other team has to work together to take it back.

Plus, since two would be required per cp and team size is 5 or less usually, you'll have more map coverage than is usually standard in a DOM match where the positions are somewhat static. The teamwork and communications aspect would be enhanced a lot, and the telespam portion would be reduced, which turns off some teams. turning the t/l off though changes the entire game away from the high intensity gametype we all know and love :D

rhakka

May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
oh, to reiterate, this map is intended for clan play in the first place, so the teams should be able to work together ;)

hell if it's successful I may beg for remakes of the originals ;)