A city block

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkSniper

Do something other than design levels?
Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Just thought I would post a couple picks of a map I have been toying around with. Was fairly happy with the progress, until Angelheart's InnerCity came out. LOL You go Angelheart! Awesome map! Well, here they are..............A City Block

Kilroy02

Ancient and timeless
Sep 28, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
I have always thought that INF needed to have more urban realistic maps. Damn good looking map here DarkSniper. I see there is going to be at least one access to the roofs for a bit of... :sniper:

[edit: How about an elevated train track going thru? Never seen that yet on a city map, just the subways. I just heard one screech by and thought it would be different.]

Last edited:

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Hey Kilroy02, yeah I like urban maps. I hope everyone finds it to be realistic enough. There is access to a couple of the roof tops. As for the elevated train, you need to look at Angelhearts map InnerCity, it has an elevated train and a subway as movers.

Thanks Lotekk! A couple of the prefab vehicles are Angelhearts and a couple are of mine own creation. I still need to add some decorations, cover, breaking windows, ambient sounds, and location ids. I am hoping to have it ready by the end of this week or at the latest, next week some time.

Note to self: Self next time you say, "Hey lets make a working realistic fire escape." Procede to slap self in head with 2x4, as this will be less painful.

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
As of right now there are 5 buildings that can be entered. Also you can access 5 rooftops, not nessasarly the same roofs as the buildings you can enter. Just trying to incorporate some z-axis play in a realistic manner. I am almost finished, except for getting a huge invisible collision hull from the fire escape up to one of the rooftops.

As soon as I finish a couple things I will post a link here and let you guys beta test it if anyone is interested.

There are 4 paths from 'uptown' to 'downtown'. Sniper fire can be achieved but is only via-able in the most obvious areas. This map should contain much more mid range and cqb fighting than sniper play, just to calm you non-snipers out there.

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
Looking GOOOOD!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of one of my favorite maps (I'll get hanged for this), a Strike Force map called SFTDM-Industrial ( I think.. by the guy that did SFTDM-Canal).
Give us a beta!!!

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Hello all.
Okay, here is a link to the beta. There are still things I need to do to it. Like add faux light fixtures, tweek the bot paths, and some other stuff. But it has 20 team player starts and is bot pathed.

So let me know what you think. Layout? Lighting? Speed? ect. ect.

Some of the textures on a few sides of several of the doors will not light up even with bright corners, I am woking on that. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Also on the lookout for some good light fixtures that are meshes, like in the Gallery map.

I await your opinions, good or bad.

LINK: http://darksniper_1.tripod.com/maps/DM-INF-ACityBlock.zip

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
My deepest apologies.............10 mins after I posted I realized I had included the wrong UTX file. If you downloaded the file before 7:30 pm eastern time it is missing 1 texture. I was able to play it non the less. hmmmm wierd. Please forgive the noob mistake. The file is now intact.

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Styx_Surfer, Tripod can be touchy at times. The link works fine for me. Maybe you could try right clicking and save target as. . .

Soon guys I will have a new web site with its own domain, and a much better storage server. Until then I have to deal with what I have. If RealMaps were not weeks behind I would submit it there, but I would most likely be finished with the map by the time it was posted in the beta section.

DarkSniper

Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Okay peeps, this by all accounts should be the final beta. Let me know what you think.

I think this one may well be a map that plays better online than off. This disappoints me some, as I try so hard to make the bots play well offline.

Two major problems I have are the bots can be very slow coming out of the spawn(once they do they are fine). The second is that on some doors one side appears black while the other is fine, doesnt affect gameplay, so it may stay that way.

Overall I am pleased with the way it turned out and hope you guys see potential in this map for online play.

http://darksniper_1.tripod.com/maps/ACityBlock.zip