Pulse gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
It would be cool to have a mutator to make the plasma stream (secondary fire) to be longer...... the longest the engine can do.

-----I
I =========================================
-----I

:D

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
This just reminded me of a funny thing you can do to the weapons in UT. Somewhere on this board is a post that tells you how to change the weapons fire mode to that of another weapon. So you can turn the plasma balls into explosive ones....

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I know how to change projectiles but that's out of my grasp. I would love to know how to do that! :D

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Nooooo! don't change it, I hate it enough as it is now, it doesn't need a bigger range...

I always die when someone pulls out the Pulse...gawd I hate its altfire...

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
What I hate is that when I have the pulse gun I have to chase people for 30 seconds with the alt/fire before they die. But when bots use it, I die in about 3 milliseconds with full shield. Still better than the useless lightning gun in Q3 though. Never killed anybody with that.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The trick with the pulse alt-fire is hitting them with multiple parts of the beam. That's why the bots are slaughtering you with it and you aren't killing anything. :)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Originally posted by hal
The trick with the pulse alt-fire is hitting them with multiple parts of the beam. That's why the bots are slaughtering you with it and you aren't killing anything. :)

Yeah! thats it, the beam is segmented into a certain ammount of parts (i dunno how much) but I do know that the front of each part deals more damage than the midsection of the part

Like this: (i know the numbers are wrong, just for the idea)

GUN|=--------|---------|--------|---------|--------|---------|

the -------- gives 5 damage
the |, gives 15 damage

That is why bots are so good with it. like hal said :)

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
I know how to change projectiles and meshes and skins and sizes and fatnesses and summoning things and yah. Learned them all from playing on UNreal coop servers :D It's quite easy to learn. Come join me on my server sometime and I'll show u. Erm, that is if you have UNreal Fortress. Making the pulsegun fire miniature shock balls is fun and easy. I'll show u that one. [edited]forgot, it's supposed to be my clan secret.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well there is a reason why they limited the range, its to balance the weapon, it would be to easy if you'd have unlimited range with that weapon (alt fire)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
So how do you actually change the length of the beam?

Fess up or I'll ask the Weapons of Destruction guys! ;)

Stryker8: that's why there's the glory of weaspon mods. If you don't like something you don't have to download it. You don't want an infinite-reach pulsegun you don't use it :p

for example, what's the mod you guys are working on? ;)

ThunderBirdUT

Dangerously Player
Well...

If you want change this mod, it will make you bore because too easy to kill.. yeah yeah it will be "HAPPY FRAGG'IN!"

I better get RAILGUN is damn cool!

ThunderBirdUT
thunderbirdut.jpg

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
XinderbocK:

Do NOT attach 1027*768 pictures to every post. Just to let you know that I reported this post.
You did the same at Fusion. It wasn't liked there, and it won't be liked here

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
If you wanna find out how to change things in UT, the best place is the Editing forums...
To change the length of the pulsegun you have to subclass it and change the code in it to make it spit out more rays.
I think that the beam-parts isn't a hitscan but a projectile weapon, like a machinegun with very long bullets...
But I haven't examined it very closely yet...
But check in the editing forum...

Last edited: