I didn't get UnrealEd with unreal!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon622

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
When I bought Unreal ages ago, (platinum, AUS$30) it SPECIFICALLY SAID on the back of the box: 'Contains unsupported* beta version of the Unreal Level Editor', then all the rest about it underneath. Yes, it all LOOKS very nice indeed, but I DID NOT GET IT. There was NO option in the install program to install UnrealEd, and I searched the disk for 'unrealed.exe', then MANUALLY tried to find it (looking through EVERY directory) but NO! What the hell is going on??! Are gt games TRYING to rip people off?! And anyway; isn't that somewhat illegal? False advertising? I've deleted Unreal, and I don't plan on buying any more games from the platinum range either.

------------------
## THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF MY MESSAGE! ##

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
Um, well... UnrealED autoinstalls when you install Unreal. go into your start menu Unreal folder and UnrealED SHOULD be there, if not recheck the System folder in your Unreal dir.

falcon622

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
Nah, i think it's alright now. I got UT a few days ago, and i've installed UnrealEd from that. It was still very poor to not include it with Unreal, though.

Is the UnrealEd from the UT disk the same as the one from Unreal? I havn't had a look at UnrealEd yet, been busy playing UT /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

And have they actually made a full version yet? Or is it ANOTHER beta version of it??!

Status
Not open for further replies.