Crazy win2000 slowdowns

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I've been experiencing silly windows 2000 slowdowns. Some times when I copy-paste something from internet explorer into word, the pasting itself takes several minutes (!).
On other occasions, my entire notebook acts like it hase a 16mhz processor or something. Crazy slowdowns. Yet after ctrl-alt-delling, I cannot find anything out of the ordinary when looking at the cpu usage.

My brother (l33t mcne-er) told me he had the same problem once, but was able to fix it. He couldn't remember what his solution was though..

Can anyone help me?

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Nimda doesn't require your computer to run IIS to infect it.

The three main vectors to infection are an unpatched IIS, Internet Explorer without the latest service packs or as an email attachment. IRC and FTP are minor infection vectors, infrequently seen in the wild.

You can find information on the Nimda Removal Tool for WinNT, 2000 or XP on Symantec's site.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Sorry I wasn't more complete in my above post SC covered the details. I am danm leary of Nimda after the past 2 weeks. Every time I clean it off one machine someone else has it. I built a 2K server and Left it online while I slept this weekend and by the time I woke up it was infected with 6226 Nimda related files. SO YEAH Nimda is a major problem.