Idea!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

djthretz

Sep 27, 2001
Denver
Visit site
Ok first off i would like to say that i am a little pissed off that no one replied to my previous post called "Im new ....... wtf!". It's not a very hard question. i think somone knows with 19 views, but anyway here is my idea; Microsoft is gonna be wac and try to monopolize their system Xbox by only making Unreal Championship for their system insted of PC and more systems. Well my idea is gonna fook that. I plan to make a MOD for Unreal, Unreal Tournament, unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare of Unreal Championship that can be played multiplayer no matter wich PC version of Unreal you are running. For example : Somone who owns Unreal 2 and has the Unreal Championship mod for it will be able to play somone who is playing the Unreal Championship mod for Unreal Tournament, and somone who is playing the UC mod for Unreal 1 and somone who is playing the UC mod for Unreal Warfare......basicly all Unreal games with UC mod will be like its the same game, The server browser will browse for the UC mod in all of the games in the Unreal series. Now this idea raises many questions......
First being could it work?? I think it could because they are all based in the same engine.

I would like to get feedback on this of any kind. If you think its a good or bad idea leave a post etc. Ok thats it im done blah blah blah

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
it would only work for unreal2 and unreal warfare ,and you would have serious legal issues:like being obliged to shut down your mod or get sued.You might even get sued.
That would also require to hack the unrealwarfare scripts,which mean having unreal warfare somehow on a PC hard-drive.That would not be overly difficult but even that would be considered as piracy.
However you shouldn't bother so much about this game,there surely will be other unreal 2 based games for the PC (begin with unreal warfare ,which IMO will be better than unreal championship just because it won't be a console game and you won't have to play it with a pad)
As for the Xbox it is only a game console like many other and it'll eventually have success or not ,but you really don't need to worry about that.
As for Microsoft someone one day will finally find a way to overcom theire monopoly.That's not believable you have to pay money to this guy when you want to use a personal computer.Like if you had to pay one dollar to a guy each time you use a paper and a pen.

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
Unreal 2, UT, Unreal Warfare, and Unreal Championship are all based off of different code bases...so any chance of having inter-game mp is pretty much non-existant, even if you had the full source for all of them. It would be an ass-load of work, to say the least....

When I say different code bases, it essentially means different engines - Warfare and UT, for instance, are light-years apart already.