Imorting 3ds into UED2....HOW?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Thanks ^_^.....but the link is broken :(
here is the model I want to import, do you think it's too detailed?
tree2.jpg

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
awesome model but....

I love that model. Machismo is right about the detail level though, and I'm pretty sure not even unreal2 could support more than one or two of those in a room. The trick for trees is to make a decoration out of them and to use masked textures. Unfortunately I have had absolutely no luck making masked textures work on decorations or getting one sided polys to show a texture on both sides like the ut trees. If you could get masked textures to work you could make that model with about 30-40 polys and it wou;d still look alright for ut but again i would make it a decoration as opposed to a brush.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
I figure if I strip the leaves off and down the braches I can overlay textured tiles at diffrent angles to make it appear like a whole buch of leaves. the texture would be masked though. Does that sound like it would work?