PDA

View Full Version : Is UnReal Tournament a game to get ?

HoneyPlex
3rd Dec 1999, 07:26 PM
Does UT have strafing animation?
Is UT one of the quake style gameplay action games where people are always strafing and constantly jumping in circles and rocket jumping?
Is UT a game that leads more toward realism instead of action mayhem?
Are the models silly looking and cartoonish?
Do the weapon models on the player model (seen on another player) look too large?

Please try to answer all these questions wiht lots of detail. I may get this game if it's like CounterStrike for HalfLife, or could at least relate. GO RAPTORS!

L_S
3rd Dec 1999, 07:28 PM
Get
it
now.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here. (http://members.xoom.com/longshaft/biteme.htm)

HoneyPlex
3rd Dec 1999, 07:37 PM
HeHe , funny site i must say. But the most important thing i need to know about this game is DO PEOPLE JUMP AND CIRCLESTRAFE LIKE CLOWN IN THIS GAME>!?!

Harkonis
3rd Dec 1999, 07:44 PM
I don't know about strafing animations, but the weapon models don't look to big to me, they look about the same size as the pickup models of the weapons. Also, the game DEFINITLY is geared towards action more than realism. Personally I prefer realism to the point that most people find it tedious, but I figure someone will eventually do a realistic mod. All in all, the game is definitly worth the 40-60 bucks you'll spend and you will have fun if you even remotely like FPS.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Harkonis

Zaccix
3rd Dec 1999, 07:45 PM
There's always gonna be people who circlestrafe, because it's their thing. UT does have less circlestrafers IMO because there's more kewl ways to use the weapons. (C/strafing with a sniper rifle? Yeah right).

L_S
4th Nov 2000, 10:43 AM
So Honey, I've been dying to know all this time, did ya get it???????

Morety
4th Nov 2000, 11:16 AM
I just dunno.

Someone comes to a board of UT players and asks if they like the game? Well, like it's f*cking brain surgery what the answer's gonna be.

"No, don't get this game. It sux. I just post here for fun, the game is no good, don't buy it."

Yeah right.

ShadowKi][er
4th Nov 2000, 12:31 PM
Morety, you crack me up :)

Faus
4th Nov 2000, 12:53 PM
Heh Morety :)

RizMan|PuF
4th Nov 2000, 01:10 PM
lol @ Morety :)

Tetris L
4th Nov 2000, 01:41 PM
UT's gameplay is closer to Q's than to HL's. Fastpaced action and lots of 1-on-1 dogfighting, cyclestrafing, rocketdancing, ... If you don't like that, UT is probably not the game for you.

On the other hand UT has the sniper rifle, which is very HL-like. You may like that one.

I'd say: Simply download the demo and try if you like it. :)

Morety
4th Nov 2000, 01:52 PM
Cleaner, the post is almost a year old. I wouldn't be that rude to someone if they were seriously thinking about buying the game and came here for advice. :)

RaptoR
4th Nov 2000, 02:13 PM
No!!

UT sux ;)

Kilham
4th Nov 2000, 04:22 PM
I'm just camping here till those nasty Q3 players go away.........:D:D:D

RaptoR
4th Nov 2000, 04:39 PM
GO RAPTORS!

???

Kilham
4th Nov 2000, 05:29 PM
just in a mad mood-
but could you expect a sane reply to an 11 month old thread asking a load of UT players if the game's worth buying?
Of course!

<sorry>.

Morety
4th Nov 2000, 05:46 PM
I saw nothing to be sorry about. I thought it was funny myself. :)

Dufusyte
5th Nov 2000, 11:06 PM
Download the demo and play online. That will give you a good idea of the gameplay.

Orkin Man
6th Nov 2000, 12:24 AM
This definetly isn't the first time Cleaner has replied to a year old question. *L*

hal
6th Nov 2000, 12:54 AM
lol, if you read it again...it was L_S that dug up the thread. So, L_S, you've been waiting almost a year for the answer to the question? :D

BangOut_[EH]
6th Nov 2000, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Morety
Cleaner, the post is almost a year old.

The funniest thing about this thread is that everyone's ranting about a post that's over 11 months old :D

L_S
6th Nov 2000, 02:28 AM
hal you always were the brightest candle on the puf cake :D Look at the dates all you flaming m0's!

It's been eating away at me for a year now!! Why wont he respond?!

hal
6th Nov 2000, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by LiquiD_SiN
hal you always were the brightest candle on the puf cake :D Look at the dates all you flaming m0's!

It's been eating away at me for a year now!! Why wont he respond?!

and you have a knack of digging up the funniest stuff and getting everyone all warped about it :D