optimization focus after 2.87?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

should the update after 2.87 be a optimization update?

• YE....S of cour...se......... *ping timeout*

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • nah, give me more stuff

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • a little of this and little of that

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheChronoTrigger

[UMC]FrozenFlame
Aug 10, 2001
California
homepage.mac.com
I don't know if this is acceptable to the inf team or not but I'd like to request that after 2.87 (which you are already working right now) that the next update be focused on optimization of the code and stuff, it would draw more people because net play wouldn't be so... well... laggy (no offence)

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
I think they need to refine what they have to the high possible degree, before adding in EAS, a feature like that could add problems, I think after the SAW we we'll have enough weapons and maps and features to wait a couple of months before a decent release with new features are included

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I think that they should go for some optimization after 2.87. Weapons, we will have enough when the SAW is implemented and if new game types are included, i'll be most happy about features...

Oh, Sebu, you could have fixed the sig at least :D

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
well i think optimizing is part of the whole process. As mentioned on the home page is the fact that the weapons have been using a skelital system which apearently adds lots of features, and makes them easier for the system to handle. I imagine that if the team went back and did this for all of the weapons, and espically the player models we'd start seeing smaller downloads, and better performance.

ggakahagasan

uniao da drago preta
Sep 28, 2001
MA.USA
Visit site
as you can see i've never posted before, but after reading the forums for awhile now i think there should be a big change to inf.
the game is excellent and needs very little change however new weapons or even maps don't change the game much.what we need is different gameplay modes.there's a reason people stop playing inf 2 weeks after the download the latest version,deathmatch gets boring after awhile.i don't know if it's within the inf. staffs scope but if you want to attract more interest for this mod then we need gameplay modes.you can optimize, add new weapons ,or make it more realistic but in the end the game is basically the same.
i was very pleased when i downloaded inf. last year and thought it was a leap in fps. i think we need another leap.