PDA

View Full Version : Assault question, wish

HorgBoth
2nd Dec 1999, 07:00 PM
I think I read somewhere, that in Assault
match, if you die, you cannot respawn until
the game restarts. When I play assault, people I kill respawn right away. Now, if this is the way it is, thats cool. I would
like to see a mutator for this though.
If not, is there someplace where I can specify "dont let player respawn after death, until level restarts"??

BoBVila ]|[ Arena
2nd Dec 1999, 07:30 PM
With the existing weapons, this would be super lame....with a Counterstrike mod, it would be cool with 1 or 2 or 3 lives. With rocket launchers and miniguns and flaks and combos it is stupid.

Voyd
3rd Dec 1999, 08:20 AM
hold on here. this doesnt make the slightest bit of sense. is the Assault team supposed to capture the objective without dying once? thats insane.

L_S
3rd Dec 1999, 11:43 AM
He is saying that in assault each player should only get one life. While this would be more realistic, I just dont think it would work in UT cuz of the lethal weapons.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here. (http://members.xoom.com/longshaft/biteme.htm)

lipton
3rd Dec 1999, 12:35 PM
at first i thought .. hey that might make it pretty fun .. to actually have a fear of dying and not be able to respawn right away .. but then one word came to mind ...
HEADSHOT!! ..nuff said /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[OF]candyman
3rd Dec 1999, 12:38 PM
This would not work in assault on most of the maps.....Most people get killed within 30 seconds on most of the levels....If you had an even playing field maybe but when your killed by autocannons and are only given a couple weapons on offence till you get part way thru the map it would not be a very smart idea but if the defence could not respawn hey now there is an idea..I normally kill 5 people to everyone time I die when I am on defence so it does seem that might work...hehehe after say 10 tries on offence your sure to get the job done (even if there is no defensive team left /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bongzilla
3rd Dec 1999, 01:48 PM
Most mods that do that for other games are gay as hell...I doubt it would be any different with assault.

HorgBoth
3rd Dec 1999, 01:49 PM
You know, what I am getting at, is a counter
strike modification for UT. A combo "last man
standing" - "assault" type thing is what
I was thinking about. Seems it might not be too hard to merge the two, and provide maps to support it. If I can muster up the time and energy, I might see if I can tinker with
it :P