Micheal Jordan is Back!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
he actually announced it quite a few days ago, but it kinda got lost in other news... don't know what that could have been :rolleyes:

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Whether or not he can still play at all, I don't think I really need to see an older, slower MJ, on a really crappy team. Just something I could do without.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
mj's re-return =

rolleyes.gif

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
pffft, next week he will be announcing hes playing NHL :rolleyes: then after a few months of NHL, he says he retires. Then about half a year he comes back and announces hes playing Pro Croquet

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
As a huge fan of his, I can readily say that I wish he hadn't since he went out on top and probably won't be as sharp. I selfishly hope that he still looks like the same MJ, but it's probably not going to happen.

On the other hand, he's donating his entire season's salary (over $1,000,000 US) to the WTC relief fund, which I think is very cool.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
I agree that's it's great he's donating his salary, and if that's the only reason then I support him fully, however this reeks of another publicity stunt. How many times can you retire and return?? What is this 3?

yenner

yenner-like
Jul 10, 2001
at my computer
Visit site
who cares how many times he leaves and returns...the mans a billionaire. More than any of us can say. I say the NBA will come back to life with Jordan fans coming back and he is donating his salary afterall. So is Barkley jumpin onboard too? anyone know? You gotta give the guys credit, he like 40 somthin and runs with the younger guys non stop. Hes definitely in good shape for his age and could KILL anyone here in 1 on 1...as well as in the league. I say him and Kobe should go at it. Thats his only REAL comp. He would slaughter Shaq and run all over the ball hogging Iverson. I cant wait. Plus if they get a good first round pick 'cause of him giving up his salary, I think we'll see a 180 in the Wizards playing. If nothing else he is great for the other player morale.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Yea and I'd crush Jordan 1 on 1 at UT. That's not the point. The point is if he's gonna play, play. Don't keep retiring and making a big fuss over it then "un-retire" and make another big fuss. I'd rather watch players that just like to play than people that seem to do things just for attention and money. Like I said, I like the fact he's donating, I just wish he'd make up his damn mind.

[edit]I also don't care how much money anyone makes. My judgements are based on your actions not on what you can buy.[/edit]

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
As another thought , I think the reason I don't like Jordan much(and it's not really his fault) is cause I'd rather see basketball as a TEAM game then just watch one guy dominate everyone. Games are much more interesting when both teams need EVERYONE in order to win.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I don't think he would have quit last time, but his pride (and ego) got the best of him. He said he refused to play for anyone but Phil Jackson, so when he left, so did Jordan. I don't think he really wanted to retire then in the first place, he was just trying to keep his buddy as his coach. That way he could (basically) stayin control of the team... just as he will be now, since he basically still owns it.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by Kokensu
As another thought , I think the reason I don't like Jordan much(and it's not really his fault) is cause I'd rather see basketball as a TEAM game then just watch one guy dominate everyone. Games are much more interesting when both teams need EVERYONE in order to win.
Well, he probably won't be able to dominate like that anymore, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.