AOL Compatible? INTK!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kufuffin

Slow Computer Boy
Sep 25, 2001
O-Hi-O
www.unrealtournament.com
Help!

I have just ordered UT. It's not here yet, but I'm pretty experienced in the gameplay. I need to know if I can Play a deathmatch over an AOL connection because I havn't hooked up a T1 line, and I don't have LAN capabilities. SOMEBODY HELP ME!
:redeemer:
:sniper:

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
yes, but you'll lag to high hell.

AOL has the slowest connection speed of any dial-up service i've ever used.

it can be worked though...

JayX

Lag Master..
Sep 4, 2000
Fake Vegas..
Visit site
:D Its all in the modem!...lol

Went from a winmodem:( pinging at 350+ and went out and spent the best 40 bucks I spent in a while. Diamond SupraMax 56i and now im pinging 220 and under on most servers. Hovers around 180 most of the time though.

edit: Check out .this thread for a shot of my ping of 56k

JayX

Lag Master..
Sep 4, 2000
Fake Vegas..
Visit site
The guy will do fine..but put it this way...he wont be gettin as many headshots. Even with a 180 ping (if he has a good modem) a 1 and a half second delay can throw off ur aim alot. But I wouldnt know because all I play is Zero Ping InstaGib. :)

JayX

Lag Master..
Sep 4, 2000
Fake Vegas..
Visit site
Hit f6, no PL. Like I said I dont play much regular servers. Only ZP servers, and when I switch from a ZP server (instant shots) its feels like a second and a half. It may not be but im used to the instant shots.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Originally posted by alcuin484
I have a winmodem and use AOL. Usually I ping between 155 and 225. Often I have to keep moving so that I do not get kicked from 56K only servers.

Those 56K only servers are meant for the poor chaps that can't ping below 200 usually. Even us highspeed folk can play on them if our ping is high enough... not that we'd want to but it is possible.

alcuin484

Nov 21, 2000
Ptown,Va.
Visit site
At best I am Competitive on the 56k servers that I frequent. I am not skilled enough to compete with those who are in the 30 - 90 range.

Strangely though, my ping was in the 190- 250 range before a recent move across town.

My post was merely stating that good pings are possible with the winmodem/AOL tandem.