Poll -game browser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Just outta curiousity do you use gamespy or the ingame browser for UT?

I use the ingame browser.

------------------
You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
ingame browser.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I use the UT browser. I find that it is quicker than GameSpy and you don't have to open and close applications if you are already playing the game. I've never had a problem logging on (not sure what you mean - Querying Master Server?). Additionally it is easier to find different game types, and you get the "cool little picture of the level" thingy.

I do like GameSpy (and have a registered copy) for other games, and it does do a lot more than the UT browser.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
ut browser. its just so much easier. your sick of a game, you Disconnect from server, Refresh server list and in under 1 min your back into another game. my only gripe with ut broswer is the gross misrepresentation of pings. they are almost always way off. but ive leanred how it operates, if it says 100 ping its 150 if it says 80 its 100 etc. yay.

Thrakkorzog

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
So far I've probably used in-game browser and GameSpy equally. Buddy feature is the only thing I see missing from in-game browser.

I don't get too hung up on the absolute ping number, worrying that GameSpy or in-game give different ping numbers. Whichever browser I'm using, I just look at the pings relative to each other.

bullet2.gif

"It's 'Thrakkorzog'! With a 'K'!"

Status
Not open for further replies.