Admin Question....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

|Robot|NeXus6

Feb 21, 2001
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Hey all you l337 admins out there. Can anyone tell me how to change the map rotation on a UT Server from the command line? Is this even possible or do I have to manually change the .ini on the server? If you could post an example of the syntax (class, variable, etc) it would be very much aprreciated. TIA...

Dubious[GDI]

UT Server Guru
Apr 20, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
www.FactoryUnreal.com
I know of no way to do it manually, but you can do it through the Web Admin, so why bother?

You MIGHT be able to do it through the command line. If its possible, I think it would be like this:

admin set Botpack.TDMmaplist Maps[0] DM-Damned.unr
admin set Botpack.TDMmaplist Maps[1] DM-Vocant.unr
admin set Botpack.TDMmaplist Maps[2] DM-Liandri.unr
admin set Botpack.TDMmaplist Maps[3] DM-Deck16][.unr

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
If you can do it that way your also better off creating a txt document and using that to switch the maps and than have another to switch them back... in fact now that I think of it Ion_Ace has a page on his site that talks about how to do this and it might have something along those lines that deals with the match changing.

|Robot|NeXus6

Feb 21, 2001
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Hmmm

Well the web admin is not installed for performance resasons. So using that is right out...

I suppose using a .txt file swap would work (although a bit of a pain opening VNC, stoping the UT Service, restarting...).

Anybody else know how this could be achieved? or am I SOL?

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Check this page out you might find something that will help... if not at least it will show you how create the txt file and run the exec command to make the switch easier... beyond that edit your server.ini or unrealtournament.ini with something like this:

[Botpack.TDMmaplist]
Maps[0]=DM-Codex.unr
Maps[1]=DM-turbine.unr
Maps[2]=DM-Phobos.unr
Maps[3]=DM-barricade.unr
Maps[4]=DM-Liandri.unr
Maps[5]=DM-Morpheus.unr
Maps[6]=DM-Gothic.unr
Maps[7]=DM-Tempest.unr
Maps[8]=DM-HyperBlast.unr
Maps[9]=DM-Grinder.unr
Maps[10]=DM-Kgalleon.unr