PDA

View Full Version : it REALLY sucks when....

Watchdog
2nd Dec 1999, 02:25 AM
no kidding, it is these same people that can't grasp the concept of CTF--entirely frustrating

hal
2nd Dec 1999, 02:31 AM
So true. See this thread for more rants-->Will there be anymore Assault levels???

Again I say, how about a web page here at PU about team game ettiquite and tips for new players. We will all be the benefactors.

On the other hand, if they didn't check out the tutorial IN the game BEFORE hopping online, then is there ANY hope?

EASY_Target
2nd Dec 1999, 02:35 AM
I played assult this afternoon..half the maps had time limits under 4 minutes..25% were set at time limits of 1 minute..poor map design perhaps is the worse culprit?

No way should experienced players be able to finish these maps in under 1 minute..poorly thought levels out in my opinion..BAH!

Lanik
2nd Dec 1999, 02:37 AM
It'll pass though. Eventually, most people will know the maps.

Voyd
2nd Dec 1999, 01:02 PM
warning: huge rant below.

it REALLY sucks when newbies enter games of Assault and they dont know the maps, the objectives, or even wtf Assault means!! why dont these people practice with bots first to learn the maps like the rest of us did? or at the very f uckin least they could press F3 for the objectives, it says it RIGHT THERE ON THE SCREEN when u enter! its SOOOOOOOOO frustrating to have your ENTIRE team which is supoosed to be assaulting; sniping and hiding in corners. i only play a couple of assault games per week and this always happens...cant even imagine the frustration of the regular assault players.

[This message has been edited by Voyd (edited 12-02-1999).]

hal
5th Sep 2000, 02:32 AM
People *bump* old topics? ;)

BTW....
...Voyd playing Assault..scary! :)

Sam_The_Man
5th Sep 2000, 02:37 AM
God, I didn't know how stupid people can be... but then, I'm one of those guys who always reads the entire manual and plays the tutorials, even if I know how to play the game from a demo or something :).

You know what I also hate? It doesn't happen on UT for some reason, but on TFC it's really irritating when there are about three people called 'Player', because they didn't change their name.

OshadowO
5th Sep 2000, 05:21 AM
Baaah Assault was one of the best ideas ever ruined because of map exploitation. I hate the fact that the games end in 30 seconds, most of the time I barely even get a weapon before the map is over:(

LordKhaine
5th Sep 2000, 05:36 AM
AS can be suberb if you find the right servers. I know a few servers that will be full of kick áss AS players, (but as there euro it would be no help to you:(). Just keep changing AS server's till you find a server full of good peeps. If you dont, your bound to have a load of newbies wandering about aimlessly.

So speaks LordKhaine, the PuF AS whore:D

LordKhaine
5th Sep 2000, 05:39 AM
Oh, and also the AS maps are well thought out. You can defend a base against all the IH jumps and shít. If you complete a map in 40 seconds, the enemy D didnt do their job right.

And is it just me, or are most of the DOM, LMS and AS servers euro? Also is it me, or are most of the TDM servers US?

SkummyB|BuF
5th Sep 2000, 05:43 AM
Does anyone notice that there are 4 posts above Voyd's when he started the topic? Wot's goin' on? :)

Boom
5th Sep 2000, 09:45 AM
AHHHHHHH,

hal is spelunking the forums again!

Beware of old topics raining from above.

Assault does seem like a great idea that just doesn't seem to pan out the way it should. But I'm too busy playing CTF to notice anyway. :p

Infidel [FU]
5th Sep 2000, 02:12 PM
Agreed. :(

Assault was what really got me going in UT, I thought it was a very neat, fun and unique game idea. I've since moved primarily to playing CTF, because the same old seven assault maps got old, though there are some very good custom maps..

Every once in a while I get a yen to play Assault, and usually regret it right away -- unless I can find a server that has a bunch of Assault clan members playing. The other day I got into a game and Guardia started up. Had a full shock rifle, shield belt, keg, and perched myslef on the bridge rail.... ten seconds later, a teammate shot me right into the lava. Oooh I hate that. Shooting autocannons, sniping in the boat doorway in Overlord..

Sometimes newbies will listen to directions, but doesn't happen very often... also agreed that everybody should at least play through the Assault section of the game in singleplayer mode just to get a feeling of the maps and objectives.

If anybody ever comes across an assault server with team damage ON, please let me know -- I'd like to give it a try without all the rocket launching and other tricks going on. (hmm.. maybe bad idea after all -- instead of getting shot into lava, I get killed by teammate with bad aim. heh.) Yeah, you can defend against those if you know what you're doing, but all the "tricks" have detracted from the Assault experience for me.. :(

[BUF]Diving_Mullah
5th Sep 2000, 02:14 PM
I have started to play less CTF and more Dom and ass alt!

One thing that makes the game more interesting is if team Damage is on and set to %100. Then on more rocket jumps.

I was playing overlard the other day, and I was great.

The other day I was playig on Overloard, two of us standing by the ramp two a little bit lower and the last guy bringing us loaded weapons. You had to watch your fire, because you could have taken down your team mate.

But it was the coolest game game I ever played.

I like it but you have to be on the right server and right peopel.

Maybe puf should start an assualt team!

Any time I on the chat and one of yo wants to play assualt, come and get me. I like assualt any day!

Mullah

LordKhaine
5th Sep 2000, 05:39 PM
I found some servers with some really cool bug fixes. Such as the auto cannons shut down for the rest of the game if you destroy them. That servers always full of good peeps.

[Ci]Morgan
5th Sep 2000, 05:59 PM
It's too bad most (original) AS maps are being played like online C&C Red Alert games; it's over before you know it...

I haven't played AS in months now, but thinking of it, It might be nice to do it again... :)

[ACE]Revenant
17th Sep 2000, 02:53 PM
Assault is great.......some maps just suck because they are too small= impossible time limit. I've downloaded about 150 custom Assault maps and they are great.........

What I actually wanted to ask: Who plays AS on PuF? I've never seen any of you online......just want to see your Assault skillz.......

-Revenant

Watchdog
17th Sep 2000, 04:47 PM
i never have played a single match on line.