Zone Reverb Settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
DM-Axon Review[/I}

The echo setup is easy, just put the zoneinfo actor in each of Your zones, enable the bReverbZone flag and adjust the delay values according to the room size. The smaller the room the shorter the delay. You can also mix short and long delays to set echo of long corridores etc.. Just keep the delay values such that they are not divisable with each other as this raises some unwanted effects

Does that cover pretty much evrething or is there somethin else I need to know cause i'm gettin anomalies in my card - SBlive.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Yeah, it's pretty simple to set up but it can create nasty crashes on some systems. Some of my older maps featured reverb effects but a lot of people were complaining about them so I'm not planning to utilize them anymore...

BTW You need adjust the gain values as well because otherwise you won't hear the different reverb taps. It pretty much relies on experimentation to get the perfect effect.
Try it out...it's cool.
(It's best to experiment with a playing ambient sound while the levelinfo's bReverbzone is set to True. Then you can mess with the different settings and hear the differences.)

I've also experimented with creating EAX Libraries for some levels with Eagle. The prog is pretty much unusable. The controls suck and it takes about 3 hours to create a REALLY simple audio BSP.
And only people using SBLive and an EAXed UT can hear the difference.