Mouse with 5 Buttons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

]x[~PyRo]X[iMu$~]x[

Sep 6, 2001
Hi, Again a little question, i have got a optical intellimouse of microsoft with 5 buttons. Ofcours the normal 3 buttons, included the scroll button, and 2 buttons extra. In Explorer these buttons are going a page backwards or forwars once pressed.

Now i want to now if it is possible to use the 3 extra buttons in Unreal Tournament. In an other game, called Turok 2, i was capable to add a function to the 4th button, in UT don't, is it possible to activated it by altering the user.ini, and ofcours HOW?

Lol

tnx for ya help.

Grtz

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
this question has been asked before. do a forum search next time. anyway....

if you have not installed the Intellimouse 3.2 drivers, do this first. after that, go to your Mouse properties and assign keys to the thumb buttons. i have bound them to F12 and Backspace for example.

then, open User.ini and bind a function to the keys you've bound them to. in my example, i've bound translocator to F12. this way, when i press the big thumb button my trans will pop up.

hope this helps.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
the solution

In the mouse properties in windows (the stuff that got installed with the mouse drivers, in your system tray).

Bind the two thumb buttons to keys (I use enter for the small button and backspace for the large button), when you're in UT, you can simply select the mouse muttons in the normal way, and they'll show up as enter/backspace etc.

[edit]arse, gramps beat me to it :hmm:[/edit]

]x[~PyRo]X[iMu$~]x[

Sep 6, 2001
lol

Heh, i never install mouse drivers. So its needed to use the other buttons in UT. Ok, i will try that. There is no other way? because if i look in user.ini, i see a lot of joy1=fire etc
joy2=...
There is no joy[xx]=.. what refers to my extra 2 buttons?

Grtz