How can i spawn Xan in any map?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Have you tried "summon TBoss" ?

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Nevermind that does'nt work.

niether does "summon botpack.tbossbot"
or "summon xan" or "addbots xan."

I just don't know. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
It must be a cold day in hell if Lizard doesnt know /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif Hmmmm I would ask the same question at the GT forum but THE MOTHERF***ING THING IS ALWAYS DOWN!

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Yeah I figured that out Liz, look at my post under "Crazy *** skin! and all you have to type is summon tbossbot. Thanks for helping me figure it out! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 11-30-1999).]

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
There was recently a thread about this. The answer was no. You can't configure other bots to behave like Xan, or just bring Xan into other maps (AFAIK). Epic wanted to do something special for the last level of the game. XAN has special botpathing and behaviors for Hyperblast. If you had other bots with Xan skins on other maps, they would be following the regular old botpaths. There is no way to get that special Xan behavior on other maps.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
I asked CliffyB about this on Gameslink a few weeks ago, the answer IS no, all Xan is is a bot with all the skill settings turned onto their highest settings. If you want to put Xan in a regular match, then just type (at the bottom of your user.ini)
Code:
[BotPack.Ladder]
hasbeatengame=true
Then, go to "Configure Bots" under the bots tab when you start a practice session, and change any bot's name to Xan, his skin to "Boss" and his skill settings to max. Then sit back and be 0wned :)

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
Yeah, we talked about this a while ago. Some1 eventually gave me the code to add in the user.ini to be able to play the 'real' Xan again in the tourney. I must say, the configured bot didn't seem to behave exactly the same like the 'real' Xan. But who am I to argue with CliffyB :D

btw... there IS of course something special in the tourney Xan match: he taunts you when you start.

NextoneX

Jan 4, 2000
members.xoom.com
slightly on/off topic

I didn't know that Xan was a special bot. so is he scripted or something? Does hyperblast have special pathnodes?,

On this topic, Why has nobody created a custom ladder pack using some of the best custom maps and skins. I think this would be so cool. I loved going thru the single player ladder, but once you've done it, It's not as much fun the second time.

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
Wow...

I was going to do that before I started working on a fix for Bonus Pack 4 instead. Nice to see there's some interest.

Warning: if I get the thing done, you'll need a couple of dozen skins and all the Epic bonus packs to play it :)

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
And about Xan...

Incidentally, here's the settings for Xan's match:

NumBots=1
ModifiedDifficulty=3.000000
CombatStyle(0)=0.500000
BotJumpy(0)=1
(this is all pasted out of the UnrealScript, btw)
The ModifiedDifficulty pushes his skill level up lots (could be 3 levels), CombatStyle is set to Aggressive, and Jumpy Behaviour is enabled.

and here's how Xan taunts you at the start of the match.
From TBossBot:

if ( bRatedGame )
{
R = Rand(7) + 6;
if ( R == 10 )
R = 8;
SendGlobalMessage(None, 'TAUNT', R, 5);
}

Basically that means "if the game is in the SP ladder, then pick a random taunt and send it".

Go into UnrealEd, hit Export All, and browse through the exported UScript if you want to know how stuff's done, assuming you can speak fluent UnrealScript of course :)