can someone help me beat xan?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLoomis

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
i have fought my way through the whole single-player ladder up to xan....and he is mopping the floor with me. does anyone have any tips on how to beat him, i.e. strategies, weaknesses, etc? thusfar i have been beating the game solidly, but xan is just killing me 15-2 or 15-3 every match. any help is greatly appreciated!

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Okay dont think you are gonna out quick Xan. You are not gonna win many toe to toe battles with him. Play defensively.

Also you must control the powerups, especially the shieldbelt and invisible. Xan has the respawn times of these down pat so try to beat him to the punch.

Dont be afraid to camp, and run away when things get hairy. In general I wouldnt go after him unless I have 100 health and 150 armor. He is ruthless with the flak. Also talk alot of trash, he gets frustrated easily if you know how to talk trash.

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

lipton

Nov 21, 1999
asheville nc usa
Visit site
the only way i could beat him was to run a circuit and controll all the armour *yes i know i know .. overeating sucks -= hmm if thats a valid unreal term? .. means collecting armour weapons ammo even if you are full, foranyone who dosent know* i kept away from him and used the flak almost exclusively , and barely beat him *hope that dosent mean i totally suck ! laugh*

buk

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Ditto what people have been saying about controlling the powerups and not fighting Xan in close quarters. One additional piece of advice:

Use Xan's extreme aggressiveness against him. I finally beat him by always luring him into the curved hallway, then running backwards and firing rockets or alt-firing the flak cannon at him. 90% of the time he will keep coming until he's dead (if you don't screw up and get nailed first). But be careful not to get stuck in the niche in the wall while running backwards or you're toast.

DrLoomis

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
thanks all....the tips have really helped....i have done much better against him, but havent had time to give him a serious run b/c of the amount of work i've had recently....but tonight he should fall....thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.