PDA

View Full Version : As promised... (From Unreal2 NOT UT2)

Drevlin
16th Sep 2001, 08:39 AM
I'm now letting you know that the Alien Legion site is oh so totally LIVE!
to a swirl by www.alien-legion.com for more info :)

Tetris L
16th Sep 2001, 09:09 AM
Nice! I'll grab the trailer and a few screenies later. (Right now my line is busy d/l'ing the RtCW test. :))

One question, ... just curious:

Alien Legion currently utilizes a heavily modified Unreal Tournament Engine that we've enhanced with particle engines, visual effects engines and new artificial intelligence systems.

What built of the U engine is the basis of your work? The latest builts have particle effects and all that fancy stuff out of the box.

Drevlin
16th Sep 2001, 10:47 AM
http://www.alien-legion.com/tech.html

To my knowledge, one of the Particle systems we are useing are the one used by the ASMD combo attack and Redeemer in UT, and two new. The two new ones you can read about on the url i posted :)

Strife
16th Sep 2001, 10:48 AM
The last real basis in terms of Unreal Engine tech versions is 432, the same 432 that you can download off file planet :) Our tech necessiates we have our own version now however :)

Lodev
16th Sep 2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Strife
The last real basis in terms of Unreal Engine tech versions is 432, the same 432 that you can download off file planet :) Our tech necessiates we have our own version now however :)

try 436 :D

Alien Legion looks really really great, and you got some cool new tech in there :)

The lensflare screenshot at http://www.alien-legion.com/tech.html appears to be broken for me, and also all the large picture versions, could that be fixed?

Drevlin
17th Sep 2001, 03:27 AM
V.436 is a bit fux0red :/
432 works better for us

Machismo
17th Sep 2001, 04:42 AM
Drevlin is bein watched again ;)

the screenshots rock :D.

whos doing the prog anyway some1 from the UT comm. we know of??

Drevlin
17th Sep 2001, 11:24 AM
well you could check the contact page to see whos on the team
the url is
http://www.alien-legion.com/contact.html

You might've heard of Teromen? Faceless? Although Face was before my time and I really dont know what he have done :)

pine
27th Sep 2001, 01:58 PM
Nice! I'd never heard of this before. Is it going retail? Or is it a TC that you'll be able to download? Looks very well-done.

Strife
27th Sep 2001, 02:13 PM
The screenshots on the tech page were just placeholders (if you look at the URL it points to places like disney.rty that dont exist). I've removed them but they'll come back

our coding is done by Elamental and Fish Face, both of the UT community at one point or another. These two are the best programmers in the community, bar none.

We're awflly happy with the way AL turned out but we're gonna be inciting some big changes in it soon to make it more competative :)

lets face it a year of U2, DNF, Doom 3, Quake 4, Thief 3 and DX2 is like going through a field of landminds in a cement roller.

Download the movie. thats a good summary of some alien legion stuff although i wish we could show more tech.

thanks for your feedback :)

pine
27th Sep 2001, 11:47 PM
/me is still uninformed :confused:.

Drevlin
28th Sep 2001, 04:25 AM
Alien Legion is undergoing a few changes in the main gameplay AND on the tech side aswell... If we are to release the "old" screenshots is to be decided this sauterday on our weekly meeting.
Ill let you know :)