FSAA for older games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
This is not really a problem I have but a question.

I am interested in purchasing a GeForce3 for, among other things, its anti-aliasing capabilities since it is supposed to employ a technique that makes minimal reduction in frame rates.
My question is can FSAA feature be used in older games like Quake2/Unreal1/Half-life or does it require the game engine to support such a feature. I like these games a whole lot and would love to revisit them with this feature enabled at hi-resolutions.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
if you set this in your display properties, the games will be fsaa, but don't expect to see any miricles or anything

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
Thanks TTRStryker8.
I would of course want the GF3 (seeing for an MX version to come out) for its other capabilities, but this will be a nice bonus.