Server Suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I run Digital Waste Coop and I'm looking for a few things to make it stand out from other coop servers.
I know pactically every admin trick (plus some) so there's no real worry while I'm on it as well but when I'm not...
What I'm looking for is perhaps a small mutator such as a weapon or physics change or something that changes a small property (small dl) but doesn't change the gametype.
The akimbo automags is a great example (can't find em). I ran asmd arena before but I got bored quickly with that one. Any type of arena would bet boring quickly.

Custom maps aren't a problem. I have plenty of those:D

Any suggestion? (besides Serpentine, I already know that one)
Mutators or any special maps you want to play?

Server info:
Digital Waste
ip: dynamic (current: 24.214.72.32:7778)
Location US, Augusta GA
600kbs cable
550mHz 128mb ram
Client settings are: 6 max connections, 2600 max netspeed, 15max ticks per sec.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
None?
Nobody has any ideas of what might spice up coop? Or any staements that it should stay the way it is. No map suggestions?

I get this strange feeling that my posts are invisible lately.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I have an idea that'll speed up the server significantly! More RAM. It takes was it 32 or 64mb of RAM per person who conns to the server if you want it to run smooth.

either 4 or 2 can conn with optimal server performance on that machine.

www.pricewatch.com has some nice ram, 512mb pc133 SDRAM is only 30 bucks!

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Yea, amybe for UT but isn't really neccessary for running a ucc dedi wih a 6 person limit.
More ram and I'd probably bump it up to 8.
The setings I'm using for the client/server bandwidth make sure that the clients can play a decent game and the server can handle the info.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
If you have win2k, go to Task Manager, select the process of the server, and set it's priority on CPU and Memory usage to High. :)

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
doh, forgot that.
nope, Win98se

I've got the server running pretty much the best it's going to. I'm just looking for small mutators to run on it.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Originally posted by zynthetic
I'm sorry but Win2k is just plain horrible for any type of server.

Or you just don't know how to set up a server correctly on an OS built for servers... Get the service pack2.

Win2k manages memory and processor usage much better than win98 or winme, which just suck cock compared to win2k.

It's also more stable, so your computer doesn't crash after 1 day of running a server, you can leave the server up for years without crashing if you know what your doing. WinME or 98 cannot stay up like this even if you knew what you were doing.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Win2k just has a horrible networking code. That been proven many many times with UT servers. Granted it's probably a stable OS it's bad for networking. If this was my comp I'd probably be using Linux. anyways this is a little OT as I was just looking for unreal mutators that actually worked.