PDA

View Full Version : pyramid map

SLEDGE
28th Nov 1999, 12:16 PM
anyone else notice the weird mouse movement on the pyramid map? its like it is gliding a little too far when you move the mouse in a direction. is this intentional? i've only noticed it on that map, the others with low gravity (hyperblast or the rooftop map) dont have the weird mouse movement.

BirddoG
28th Nov 1999, 01:06 PM
may be that your video is laggin like the FPS and stuff
i had that prob in the first UNREAL
if your using glide disable vsync and see if that works
"preferences" in console then rendering-glide
if not might be the lev or your mouse

buk
29th Nov 1999, 05:03 PM
Yeh I noticed that too.

The pyramid level is wacked, especially when you look up or down. Mouse movement slows to a crawl. I don't think it's related to video performance, becuase I haven't had any problems with the other levels. And the poly count when the slowdown occurs doesn't seem any higher than normal.

Oh well.

Sachiel
29th Nov 1999, 11:53 PM
I didn't notice any slow down in that map. On the other hand, I'm running an Athlon 700 with a GeForce 256. I did notice that the volume goes way down while floating in the center and then the volume returns to normal when getting out of the Zero G area. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or if it's a bug.

BEG][
30th Nov 1999, 01:52 AM
It has something to do with the sky and/or all the transparency used in the sky. UT slows to a crawl on that map with my tnt2, setting the world detail down to medium helps but it's still slow.

Stryker
30th Nov 1999, 04:59 AM
The center zone in the Pyramid is a water zone (without the breathing problem). That is probably why the sound changes and the mouse moves different.