Music issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well i'm not quite sure how this has happened..
But in every unreal level except Nyleve falls, the music plays.
I'm SURE that the according umx file DUSK is in the right folder.
Yet, no music when I exit the ship?

:(????
This sucks! I love dusk!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Strange thing is, it happened after I had installed Oldskool in the ut folder, same thing there..
So I went back to Unreal, hoping the music would play..NO luck.

:confused:

Win98.. evil?

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I know what this is. I remember you said that you had a set of custom maps called "One Day." If you don't pull Dusk.unr out of your Maps folder, then you will not be able to hear Dusk.umx in any of the maps that use it, like NyLeve's Falls, Edge of Na Pali, and the first playable map of the Illhaven Saga.

Chris Burgess, the author of One Day, didn't know about this bug with the Unreal engine, or he would have given that map another name. Of course, the only reason I know this is because he didn't. How ironic.

Last edited:

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Yeah! He's right! I remember an issue with something like that. You cannot have two of the same named file (extention doesn't matter) in any different folder!

Dusk.umx in the music folder will contact with dusk.unr in a map folder, it doesn't matter what extention it has.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I knew about that because I had the problem myself, shortly after I got Legacy (which had OldSkool Amp'd 2.10 bundled with it) and then other SP packs. I e-mailed Usaar33 about it and a short list of other problems, and he told me about that little glitch. I was surprised to find out that it was a problem with the Unreal Engine itself. (Figures, doesn't it?)

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
If there are two files with the same name in one of the Unreal/UT directories, whether or not the file extentions are the same, the engine screws itself.