"realface" map idea, need mapper or map tutorials. Wanna help out?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

manica

Psycho Psematic Attic Insane
Alright, like a lot of people, I like playing face, or most variations of face (whoops, CTF-face...just in case you didnt catch it). I have almost every face remake from CTF-Face2000, to CTF-FinalFace...etc... anyway, I noticed that there all in outer space (Yeah, go ahead, say it..."duh"), but I always thought it would be cool to have a more realisic version. So, I designed it when I got bored yesterday. The map idea is REALLY cool, and should be able to be made...well...not easily, but it couldnt be that hard (as it is a fairly simple large map design). It basically consists of a large map centered on two sides of a river, with bridges going over, in the jungle. So far this map would look great in a game (my opinion) an should be very fun to play. It would basically have two military outposts and a center base. It sounds "wierd" but it looks great on paper. Man it looks great on paper. Just one, tiny little problem...

I don't know how to map.

Well, crap. There goes my plans. But then (another brainstorm *incert sarcastic laugh*) I though of something. How about I give these plans to someone, and they make it for me, and we can share the credits. Probably more to the mapper as it requires much more effort. So its either that, which gets the map done rather soon so you all can enjoy it earlier, or I could find a tutorial and make the map, which wuold completely suck as I'm just a beginer.

So...anyone want in?

Oh, since the map is rather universal, it could easily be made into a assault map, a domination map, or even a deathmatch map. I really want to make this happen, and I dont care if someone else got most of the credit. I just want people to have fun on a sweet map. So please, someone agree to make this map!

Hmmm...alright, think about this. A face map in the middle of the jungle, a few seperate bridges span across a large river...as your coming up over the bridge, a small bunker takes you by surprise and starts firing at you. You duck behind a few boxes and fire over a few times. You finally look over and see a small dome on a island in the center. A few enemy troops fall out and head back to thier base. After waiting for awhile, you finally advance to the enemies base. You hurry and hide in thier bunker, as friends heave support fire. You finally look out and get a glimpse. You see a small lookout tower, with a small fenced in area to the side. You see the flag. You pop out and bolt for the flag. You can hear sniper fire from the cliff above you. You finally get through the gate and grab the flag. You run into the small room built into the cliff. Its a tunnel that leads under the river, all the way back to your base. Now its time to start on your some what long way home, while many troops starting filling up your oh so sacred tunnel...

Hows it sound?

Okay, fine...maybe its nothing special, and maybe your just sick of face maps. Anyway, I still want to make this map as I am nowhere near sick of them yet and i've owned it since it came out.

Anyone want to help out?

manica

I was thinking about the ping and lag and such...It doesnt have to be jungle, it would just be easier to not get shot with that. I was thinking about it being more of a dry arid area, like the grand canyon or something...it would just be very bare but only have the essentials such as the bases and bridges. If you took away the forest or jungle it wouldnt change THAT much, so I think it should be arid now...well, there, map idea changed.

I was also thinking, what about a tunnel? Is that possible? That and the water are the only other "ifs" with this map idea.

>Can a tunnel be placed under water?
>Can water be stopped at a certain point?
>Is it possible to have moving water?
>Think CTF-Face, but with double the length and surrounded by walls. Would there be very high poly counts?
>Please answer, it will help with my map idea.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
you can do a river and tunnels with no problem. You can even stick some trees in there to add to the atmosphere:)
Stop by in the editing forums for more Q' s and stuff...plus you're more likely to find mapers who might be interested there than here.

manica

Hey, alright thanks man.

Oh, and thanks for the tutorials, they are a great help, I even made a nice two story room with stairs and some lights. Works rather well, but its nothing compared to anything else. Thanks again, I'll go over to the other forums then.

manica

huh? are you interupting my thread?? ack, first day here and my second thread is hijacked lol. hey, i am downloading the map but i got school tommarow, so i tell you how grand it is when I get back. Erm...hey, I dont suppose you could help with my map???