Current or Former Military - Infiltration Wants You!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Sep 10, 2001
Richmond B.C.
Visit site
-= Section Level Tactics in Infiltration =-

- Plan Briefing -

Good day gentlemen. This post will breakdown my plan to conduct a 'Section Level Tactics Exercise' with Infiltration.

- Plan Breakdown -

Objective: To recruit 16 players with current or prior Military Experience to participate in an Exercise to determine if Section Level Tactics can be employed in Online Infiltration v2.86.

Recruitment Requirements: 16 Men with current or prior applicable military experience that has a good understanding of section level tactics.

If you want to participate please send me a list of the dates and Times you will be available in the next few weeks to participate in this exercise.

Selection of the men- after fulfilling the experience requirement- will be based on Availability.

Setting: 2 Sections of 8 Men each, lead by a Section Commander, will be deployed against each other in a Team Deathmatch. Both must employ Section Level Tactics to try to eliminate the enemy force.

Map Selection: Map Selection will be done by the entire Team. Maps of various sizes and environments will be the only selection requirements.

Los Pescados was kind enough to let us use the RealMaps Server for this exercise and will update the server for our needs.

I have only listed the basic details of the exercise. Further discussions of the details will be necessary once we have recruited the 16 men. The input of these 16 volunteers will be very important in the planning and execution of this exercise.

- Plan Summary -

This 'Section Level Tactics Exercise' is as much an exercise as it is an experiment. The hope is that the results and information from this will aid the Infiltration Team in attaining their goal of developing the most Realistic MOD to date. By employing realistic tactics to Infiltration this will give the Team a good idea of what is working and what is not.

Before I go I want to thank Los Pescados for helping me out on this and I hope to see some volunteers soon!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

whiskey_tango_foxtrot@hotmail.com

StalkingViper

Anti-Grenade Launchers/Shotguns
Dec 1, 2000
HEHE

If you take ex-navy faggot ass engineers with experience in clearing ships compartment by compartment ill join ya. Exp: 8 years active duty USN. Rank: E-5 Highest award: Navy and Marine Corps Achievment Medal. LOL.

I laugh cause thats a BS medal. I actually recieved it for not getting anyone Killed while responding to a Crankcase explosion in one of our generators while we where in the middle of the Atlantic. Big flash off lots of pretty Flames.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Since when is a NAM earned by anyone who doesn't have prior blow job experience? :D

My highest award...my firewatch medal. Woohoo! Two MUC's and 2 good cookies.

Heh, if this thing works out mebbe we can bop some folks over the head enough to get some to join us, eh LotekK?

join the AFA...join the AFA...join the AFA

[edit]WTF? Where is my sig now?!

Last edited:

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Surprise me.

Damn Grunts! We give you $30,000 peices of equipment and you turn them into very expensive stools!

Sep 10, 2001
Richmond B.C.
Visit site
Awesome! Looks like we got a few interested individuals.

LoTekK, DarkSniper, St0rmcaller; if you want in send me a list of dates and times you are available to do this. I'm hoping everything will fall into place by next weekend.

The date of the exercise will depend on how many people- who meet the requirements- we can get to particapate and when. I requested 16 volunteers but we could do it with less. We will see.

St0rmcaller; We'll discuss the exercise in much more detail once it seems we have generated enough interest and volunteers. I prefer to have the input of all the people on the team rather than to establish the details now. Like I said in the Post, the input of all 16 recruited men will be a really important part of the Planning and Execution. You will be asked to help us establish many of the variables of this exercise.

StalkingViper; Depends my friend, and thank you for volunteering. I'm looking for people familier with Section Level Tactics. If you have trained for it and know the procedures then you will be eligible for a spot on the team.

Alright, hopefully we have 4 people interested in participating. That's a good start, now lets see who else wanders through the door.

*I will keep everyone Posted on the Status of this Exercise*

Sep 10, 2001
Richmond B.C.
Visit site
POSTED FROM: AFA Clan Discussion Board
RE: Incase anyone here is wondering.

I'll do a very loose explaination for you Stormcaller, since you seem so interested.

Los Pescados and I had a discussion about the effectiveness of applying real world tactics to Infiltration and whether it was possible.

We basically posed the question, "Do realistic tactics work in Infiltration?"

We felt that with the input of all the experience volunteers asked to help with the Planning, Execution, and Debriefing of this exercise we might help the Infiltration Team in seeing the shape of realism in Infiltration v2.86.

That is what the volunteers are being ask of. To play Infiltration- utilizing their knowledge and experience of section level combat- in order to ascertain if realistic tactics is possible in Infiltration.

To summarize I think this- ultimately- is a question of whether Infiltration can reproduce realistic battle on a section level and just how realistic does it really feels on v2.86.

We will probably need to tweak settings a little but that will be discussed by the entire Team. (An example is the Timer; do we keep it on for this exercise?)

I will also post this on Infiltration Message Board (General) for those interested there.

Thanks for replying St0rmcaller, these are the details so far and they will sure to develop. I'll keep everyone posted and I hope you participate!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

*If your question was along the line of what weapons will I be allowed; those things will be decided when we have enough volunteers. If you want my opinion perhaps it is best to stick to what a section would normally be issued and assign roles. That seems more realistic but again these issues will be up for discussion in the Planning Phase of the exercise.

Sep 10, 2001
Richmond B.C.
Visit site
Fantastic!

Puncher, smithnwessun; You guys are definately invited.

So far I've also gotten interest from:

LoTekK
St0rmcaller
DarkSniper
Puncher
smithnwessun

I think it is not entirely necessary to get your availability at the moment. If you want to send me a list of dates and times you are available in the next couple weeks feel free to do so.

At this point I want to see if we can garner more interest and volunteers before I start administrative tasks such as availablity lists.

Thanks for the tip DarkBls, I'll whip up a post for that forum.

Out for now,

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot