how do i?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
how do I make the decorations in the inf_deco pack impassible...

In other words I can walk through the stuff what do i change to make it solid?

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
There are a couple of ways to go about it. Some people use one big cube (I haven't had any luck with that yet) or you can do it in "layers". Just create a brush with a width of 2 (so bullets can still pass threw it) with the length and height of prefab. Place it along side the prefab then hit the Add special brush button and where it says Prefabs select Invisible Collision Hull and hit OK. Box it in on the other sides and you should have what you are looking for. Hope that helps

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Invisible collision brushes & meshes

Just a word of warning. The current version of AztecaLite uses invisible collision hulls for the INF vehicle meshes, which is the reason they don't show up online. Some kind of odd UT netcode thing w/ mesh actors & BSP collisions. Though I used solid (non-hollow) brushes. May work w/ hollowed-out ones, where the meshes aren't in any "solid space". Don't know, just make sure you test it online before releasing the map. Big mistake not to have done that w/ AztecaLite on my part... :hmm:

Easiest thing to do would be to use "blockall" actors, found among the keypoint list. What you do is set the top view & one of the side view viewports to show actor radii (right-click on the viewport bar and select "Actors --> Radii View" in the pop-up menu), then add maybe 3 or 4 of the blockall actors, setting all their collision properties to "True", and adjusting the collision radii & heights to match the mesh dimensions (using the veiwports w/ the collision radii showing). Done right, it can be just about as good as using invisible collision brushes, but you're 100% guaranteed it won't bug the map out online. ;)