nvidia 21.xx drivers out!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I tired them in Win ME and I can't get them to work.
My PC hangs.
If someone with ME get them to work please let me know.

mobace

rimmerlike :(
WARNING: i am running a creative 3d annhialotor pro (ge2) with a samsung dynaflat 955df and these drivers fuxx0red my 1600x1200, fixxed after reinstall of old drivers

<EDIT> as in, the max resolution allowable was dropped in display settings to 1280x1024 in both 32bit an 16bit modes

Last edited:

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
No real change here.

My 3DMark2001 went down a bit - but UT went up by 1 FPS.. heh.

I'll leave them on .. as I don't really PLAY 3DMark2001. :D

Btw, I have a Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 GTS 32MB (5.5ns RAM) - no problems at 1600x1200 (other than the 75Hz refresh rate limited by my monitor).

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Yeah, I uninstalled the old drivers, deleted all nvidia files and cleaned the registry. Booted the comp with standard PCI VGA.
After installing the drivers it still booted with standard PCI VGA.
Opened properties to add the card manually but still no success.
It's like I have missed something but can't figure out what. This is the first time of about 20 when I can't get new drivers to work.

Rooster or someone else with Windows ME, tell me exactly how you installed the drivers.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Re: was wondering...

Originally posted by GodsWrath
why are they called Detonator XP's even when supposed to run in Win9x/me???
There are two versions of the Det. drivers.

I don't use any tweaker atm. I deleted all nvidia files, including the .inf-file. It booted fine with the standard vga settings but when I run the new drivers it wouldn't recognize my card.
I have a Geforce 2 GTS.
I don't have a VIA-chipset.

GodsWrath

Trouble Shooter
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
see if you can get a zip non-installer version of the drivers....
this is really strange...
i`ll check around.....
disable all resident virus scanners and disk utilities running in the background before installing the drivers.

lookie here...http://www.nvidia.com/us/ie/pg000006.htm

I know they are two versions..but even the Win9x/me is called DetXP!

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Downloaded them and installed them. My system is now totally b0rked!!! What's going on??
SysSpecs:
win98
P3-850
256RAM
Voodoo3 3000

:)

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
i run the XP drivers, and they work fine. i don't really notice any improvement, but i never benchmark anything. :) they are not worse than the 12.70 drivers i used before so i'll just keep 'em.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
No, they are not WHQL, but not many of the ref. drivers are, still they use to work properly.
This is the first version I don't have to work.