3D corners not right....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

H3AdTr1P

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
When playing UT, i've always noticed this problem. I'll try to decribe it, but it isn't very easy...

It's a graphical problem, due to the fact that some things aren't showed as supposed. When I , in example, "walk" around a corner, I see the corner "flickering"... It isn't solid...at least it seems so... When I strafe before an object, very fast I have the same probs.

My System:
Athlon Classic 650@900 (at 650mhz same probs)
Abit Ka7
128MB SDRAM 133mhz
Maxtor Diamondmax 40gb
Powercolor GF2MX 32MB (standard speed)
Guillemot Fortissimo

For all those devices I've got the latest drivers.
My UT is upgraded with the latest patch
I play UT in Direct3D, in 1024*768

Hope someone knows this problem ans a solution for it
thx

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
If you mean that some things are really 'jaggy' and there are a lot of visual errors, I have the same problem. Can you take a screenshot and submit here so that I can see if its the same problem that i have?

I think it's just something to do with the drivers that we may be using - the Detonator's that is.

When i get home, I'll take a screenshot of what i see and post it here - it may be just a driver anomaly. What 3D API do you use - Direct3D or OpenGL?

H3AdTr1P

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
I use D3D

I think it's going to be a hard thing to make a screenie of the prob , because it's only when I'm moving (fast)...but I'll try it anyway.. It's just like the walls can't follow my "fast" movements

H3AdTr1P

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Here is a screenie...
But like I thought it's impossible to take a screenie of it...
At the moment I press the button.. the image in UT stabilises...

So if u look at the corner of Liandri in the picture.
When I was strafing around it... I didn't saw that one nice line...but a kind of stair, or like a saw..(hmz..don't know how to explain actually :) )

hope u get the idea

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
Here's what I've got. Look familiar?

anomaly1.jpg

anomaly2.jpg

H3AdTr1P

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
No I think u got a different problem...
the errors in the textures are different...
And it's impossible to take pictures off the kind of problems I have...

thx anyway...

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Vsync

Disabling Vsync will cause graphical anomolies in games depending on the API and the game. Tearing or disappearing textures and objects are one of the signs that is the problem. The reason for disabling Vsync is suppose to allow you your frames per second go higher than your refersh rate in the display properties.

For example if you set it for 75hz and Vsync is on your max fps is 75, but if Vsnyc is disabled then you can go higher than 75 fps but it might cause graphical anomolies no matter your fps. On some games there isn't a problem but others problems do occur.

Hope this helps.

H3AdTr1P

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
hmz...
When Vsync is True...
I have this problems

When Vsync is False...everything is fine

But the reason I put Vsync on in the first place was a problem on delay of my mouse