questioning basic integrity on the vma's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
I think the vma's were really bad this year. And I mean REALLY REALLY bad. Michel Jackson sucked ass. A bunch of whores got the Video Of The Year Award (When I say "whores" I mainly mean Christina). The Rage Against The Machine "Parody" where that fag ran on stage and climed the tower yelling "I'm rageing..." was fu*king retarded, and why the hell was there a award called the "Michel Jackson V_ _ _ _ _ Award"? (I forget what its called, but U2 got the award. Anyone who seen the VMA's knows what I'm talking about.) Why the hell did they name the award after Michel?

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
The problem seems to be that it has become an institution. There is none of the spontaneity that they used to have. Now being an institution, they don't have the skill to make the show interesting, like the Grammy's and Oscar's sometimes have. It used to be that the attendees made the show interesting by just saying what they wanted and wearing unvelievable clothing. They had live performances by (sometimes) talented bands that had some energy. Now it's all about the teleprompter and hugely coreographed dance numbers, to the point that everyone lipsynchs and shows little interest in being there. The total lack of surprise in winning is obvious because the winners are the only ones there.

This could also be a reflection of the musical community itself, where the flash in the pans dominate the scene and seem to lack any real personality. I mean, Mick Jagger seemed to be the only one who was himself there. And when Mick is the most alive person, you've got problems.

I hope they really rethink this whole award show concept, because it's broken and they don't have the tools to fix it.

ATeamDan

Music Man
Aug 1, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
hot damn

yeah im not going to say much more than they sucked. Alot. The only thing that was worth watching was Staind......and that dog from connan obrien making fun of carson daily. (i hate that communist bastard)

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
HE HAS A NAME DAMNIT.

I didn't watch all the award show...after I saw Weapon of Choice lose for best dance video to N'sync I had to change the channel.

THe only video I really cared for that was even nominated was fat boy slim.

and no black crowes!!!!

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I don't watch M(- the music)TV. It's for f<b></b>uckwits. A few years ago when they were already playing Real World crap and a bunch of a other bulls<b></b>hit that has nothing to do with music followed by 5 minute long commercials, there was still 120 minutes, the one reason to watch M(-the music)TV every week. As soon as they took that off the air, I stopped watching the piece of s<b></b>hit channel. My recommendations are that everyone here stop watching it which brings their ratings up making them think that people actually wanna see Say What Karaoke instead of real, uncut music videos. :rolleyes:

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I think the problem is that we exceed their target demographic age (based on the age thread in the General Forum), so they've already written us off.

umm..

weapon of choices was Really good. should have one

N'sync's vid was not bad either, but I think they timed its release for the VMA. don't like n'sync but it was well made :hmm:

I'm glad mudvayne got a award. them and there headshots :D

Thought Michael Jackson's appearance was pertty cool. His s*it kicks those boy bands ass. and he's still got the moves :D

umm.. brit's little run sucked

Alien Antfarm was pertty good.

Linkin Park could have done better

no half naked chicks

macy grey was as stoned/drunk as usual (big fu*k suprise)

good to see some harder rock get in this year, I'm getting tired of the stuff they play on the radio.

MTV is not that bad. but it could be better :hmm: