zone portal problems.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I've been making a test map for Sphere to test out the sphere effect I'm trying to make. It worked pretty good for the first ring I made. I added a bunch more and there should be 7 total portals in the map connecting it together into one so it appears to be a sphere. When I did it though some of them are messed up. What's going on here what did I do wrong?

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
I have not DLed your map yet, but I would be impressed if you could manage to simulate a sphere with only 7 warp zones! A descent sphere for that sort of thing would probably have 20 sides, to make it apear somewhat round. This shape is a 20 sided icosahedron, and is made of 20 equalateral triangles. It would need LOTS of WZs to make it work, and the angles would be EXTREMELY difficult to calculate. Can you find half of the measure of one of the exterior reflex angles on a regular convex 20-sided icosahedron? If so, tell me! I've been working on that for months!

The ones that are messed up are probably because of sheets facing the wrong way, different sized ZPs, or poorly calculated angles. When I have some more time, I'll DL the map and have a look. Good luck, in the mean time.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Ahh no it's not an exact sphere. It's 3 rings connected together. I made a model in my map near where the flags should be. Think of it like this:

The flagrooms are at the north and south poles of the sphere. Comming off from there is 4 path ways in a cross formation. They each connect to a hall that goes around the equator and then contiune to the other base. So really it's 3 hallways.

I don't understand why it doesn't work. The zones are the same size and the properties are set right. It worked on the first one
that can be considered the equater so that the halls seem to go on forever but after that it didn't work.