gun request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a worthless little bug who has never written a line of code in his life. And to add to that, I'm new.:instagib: to all who laugh at me!! Now for my request. I want... No, NEED a custom gun. It would have lots of code and be almost to powerful to create, but oh well. Any of you up to it?

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Hope your ready for this. Anyone's intentions who uses this gun would be pure destruction. You can use the minigun model or make a new one, I don't care. I want it to shoot little white balls of something that will home (or however you spell it. Just doesn't look right for some reason.) in on anyone like crazy without having to aquire a lock. When it hits, I want it to have the blast radius of maybe the shock rifle combo. And the damage of a redeemer. Oh yeah, I want the bullets to go really fast. For the secondary, make it switch modes. Maybe 2 other. I dont care what they are, suprise me. I doubt you'll do it, but oh well.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Well if that's easy, what would be hard? Oh I don't think I mentioned that I want it to have a really fast fire rate. And why don't you have time? What magnificent mod are you working on?

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
`Let see, I work on:
WAR
WoD
C4
`I am trying to help:
UTron
Couple other misc things
`I moderate and respond to most all the messages on this forum
`I work on tutorials for the site
`Not to mention school
`Dare I say it, I almost have a life.
`Aswell I have a cold, and have not totaly recovered from injuring my finger.

Anyways homing isnt hard, fast projs is easy, and high damage no prob, so talk any newbie programer into doing it.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
here's something that may help. Judging from your earlier posts I don't expect any kind of thanks or anything, I just help when/if I can cause I'm generally a nice guy unless you honk me off too badly.

It won't be the minigun model, and it won't have any kind of homing ability or explosion radius but with the damage amount I doubt you'll need it.

It's untested cause really I didn't feel like firing up UT to try it, I'm doing so much other stuff right now. I whipped this up in one minute flat.

Stick this in your UT\System folder and in the console type without quotes "exec powergun.txt"

I hope it works, I don't have time right now to test it. If it doesn't work, use the four commands it took to write that separately and see what happens.

You're welcome.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
see? In mymad rush to get this sent off I forgot to attach the file. Told ya I was busy. :)

[edit] why use the older one when you got the newwer one? :) [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
use this instead. Not only did I change the deathmessage too, I called the weapon something else too.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
It's just a text file.
Nemephosis, you only changed the death message, so it's not always called something different.
Postal's right, this is incredibly easy, and I don't find it terribly interesting.
Sorry if any of that seemed rude, it wasn't supposed to.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Yea no offence, but Im a busy man, I am only going to whip something up, if someone blackmailing me(I hate those pics) or its mindblowingly cool.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
hey its half of what he wanted. lots of damage, rapid fire..... at least I did SOMETHING to help. I don't care if it isn't good enough, I never claimed to be a god at this.

I also never laid claim that it would be the best. :)

You guys are a million times better than I am at this and I know it. I can't even code, just use the Set command. That's all that is, five set commands. Big deal huh? :)

I'm just curious to know whether it actually worked or if it is possible I bungled 5 set commands somehow. ;)

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Hey, this wouldn't be just for me, you could upload it to this site and others. A profit for everyone. Maybe not you but... Just do me and lots of others a favor please. And it's not that that gun wasn't good enough, it's just that I don't want to bother downloading a thing that I know nothing about just to see a gun that I probably wouldn't even keep (no offense).

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Who would want to download it?
Nemephosis' little text file makes the pulse rifle shoot shock rifle alt projectiles that do 1000 damage, move faster, and changes its death message to %k obliterawted %o with the Powerblaster (yes, including the 'w' :)).
I could modify my E-Shock rifle to do that, but could you at least tell me what you want the other two modes to do?

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Maybe the others could be a little less extreme... Wait no, make what I described one of them. Here's the mode I want it to be in when you pick it up. Make it launch a flak grenade that will explode into about 4 more grenades which will explode and make little bio-gell-fire-thingys. You know? Then the other mode will- ...Wait a second. I saw a laser trip mine mod for unreal 1 in the wod page. Is it possible to make those for UT? If so, make it shoot those a far distance with no arch. If not, make it ripper blades that will kill in one hit and go through people with a reasonably fast firing rate. And the name... The BAFG 30k (big arse f'ing gun). Does that sound better than the BFG 20k from U4E? I think so.