PDA

View Full Version : gun request

someguy_99
7th Sep 2001, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a worthless little bug who has never written a line of code in his life. And to add to that, I'm new.:instagib: to all who laugh at me!! Now for my request. I want... No, NEED a custom gun. It would have lots of code and be almost to powerful to create, but oh well. Any of you up to it?

Postal
7th Sep 2001, 05:09 PM
What what is it?

Smoke39
7th Sep 2001, 05:53 PM
Yes, elaborate.

someguy_99
7th Sep 2001, 06:23 PM
Hope your ready for this. Anyone's intentions who uses this gun would be pure destruction. You can use the minigun model or make a new one, I don't care. I want it to shoot little white balls of something that will home (or however you spell it. Just doesn't look right for some reason.) in on anyone like crazy without having to aquire a lock. When it hits, I want it to have the blast radius of maybe the shock rifle combo. And the damage of a redeemer. Oh yeah, I want the bullets to go really fast. For the secondary, make it switch modes. Maybe 2 other. I dont care what they are, suprise me. I doubt you'll do it, but oh well.

Postal
7th Sep 2001, 06:36 PM
Easy, but I dont have time, and its not my style, not me.

someguy_99
7th Sep 2001, 07:04 PM
Well if that's easy, what would be hard? Oh I don't think I mentioned that I want it to have a really fast fire rate. And why don't you have time? What magnificent mod are you working on?

someguy_99
7th Sep 2001, 07:15 PM
Just in case you didn't realise it, I mean for unreal tournament.

Postal
7th Sep 2001, 08:32 PM
`Let see, I work on:
WAR
WoD
C4
`I am trying to help:
UTron
Couple other misc things
`I moderate and respond to most all the messages on this forum
`I work on tutorials for the site
`Not to mention school
`Dare I say it, I almost have a life.
`Aswell I have a cold, and have not totaly recovered from injuring my finger.

Anyways homing isnt hard, fast projs is easy, and high damage no prob, so talk any newbie programer into doing it.

someguy_99
7th Sep 2001, 10:09 PM
Well that's just dandy. My best hope is a frigin worker for ever damn thing there is.

Raden
7th Sep 2001, 10:27 PM
here's something that may help. Judging from your earlier posts I don't expect any kind of thanks or anything, I just help when/if I can cause I'm generally a nice guy unless you honk me off too badly.

It won't be the minigun model, and it won't have any kind of homing ability or explosion radius but with the damage amount I doubt you'll need it.

It's untested cause really I didn't feel like firing up UT to try it, I'm doing so much other stuff right now. I whipped this up in one minute flat.

Stick this in your UT\System folder and in the console type without quotes "exec powergun.txt"

I hope it works, I don't have time right now to test it. If it doesn't work, use the four commands it took to write that separately and see what happens.

You're welcome.

Raden
7th Sep 2001, 10:28 PM
see? In mymad rush to get this sent off I forgot to attach the file. Told ya I was busy. :)

why use the older one when you got the newwer one? :)

Raden
7th Sep 2001, 10:35 PM
use this instead. Not only did I change the deathmessage too, I called the weapon something else too.

someguy_99
8th Sep 2001, 01:34 PM
What the? Is it some sort of movie? It says I need to download something to "view" it.

Smoke39
8th Sep 2001, 03:29 PM
It's just a text file.
Nemephosis, you only changed the death message, so it's not always called something different.
Postal's right, this is incredibly easy, and I don't find it terribly interesting.
Sorry if any of that seemed rude, it wasn't supposed to.

Postal
8th Sep 2001, 04:29 PM
Yea no offence, but Im a busy man, I am only going to whip something up, if someone blackmailing me(I hate those pics) or its mindblowingly cool.

Raden
8th Sep 2001, 07:18 PM
hey its half of what he wanted. lots of damage, rapid fire..... at least I did SOMETHING to help. I don't care if it isn't good enough, I never claimed to be a god at this.

I also never laid claim that it would be the best. :)

You guys are a million times better than I am at this and I know it. I can't even code, just use the Set command. That's all that is, five set commands. Big deal huh? :)

I'm just curious to know whether it actually worked or if it is possible I bungled 5 set commands somehow. ;)

Smoke39
8th Sep 2001, 07:22 PM
Big deal? No, I'd say a disgustingly small deal.

someguy_99
8th Sep 2001, 07:47 PM
Hey, this wouldn't be just for me, you could upload it to this site and others. A profit for everyone. Maybe not you but... Just do me and lots of others a favor please. And it's not that that gun wasn't good enough, it's just that I don't want to bother downloading a thing that I know nothing about just to see a gun that I probably wouldn't even keep (no offense).

Smoke39
8th Sep 2001, 09:37 PM
Who would want to download it?
Nemephosis' little text file makes the pulse rifle shoot shock rifle alt projectiles that do 1000 damage, move faster, and changes its death message to %k obliterawted %o with the Powerblaster (yes, including the 'w' :)).
I could modify my E-Shock rifle to do that, but could you at least tell me what you want the other two modes to do?

someguy_99
8th Sep 2001, 11:05 PM
Maybe the others could be a little less extreme... Wait no, make what I described one of them. Here's the mode I want it to be in when you pick it up. Make it launch a flak grenade that will explode into about 4 more grenades which will explode and make little bio-gell-fire-thingys. You know? Then the other mode will- ...Wait a second. I saw a laser trip mine mod for unreal 1 in the wod page. Is it possible to make those for UT? If so, make it shoot those a far distance with no arch. If not, make it ripper blades that will kill in one hit and go through people with a reasonably fast firing rate. And the name... The BAFG 30k (big arse f'ing gun). Does that sound better than the BFG 20k from U4E? I think so.

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 01:10 AM
So you want it in one mode to fire the white things, in the default mode to shoot flak shells that explode into 4 more flak shells that spray out a few globs of biogel when they explode, and one that fires 'special' razors? Using the minigun model? Sounds simple enough.

Postal
9th Sep 2001, 09:38 AM
Nothing special, Smoke should be able to pull it off spectatualy

someguy_99
9th Sep 2001, 10:56 AM
Yeah I was thinking about hte minigun model thing... The model is usually what makes a gun cool. Makes people like it lots more. Like me. Do you think you could design a new one? And for the flak shell mode, I want it FIRE gell. Lots of it. You know like off of Next Gen weapons. But what about the laser mine thing? I was really hoping you could include that. And for the ammo amounts... The white thingys could be one, same with the razors, but the flak shells maybe 5. And if you decide on to include the mines as another mode, make them 2. Not very realistic, but oh well. And make the death massages different for every mode. Am I asking for to much now?

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 12:12 PM
So you want it to have a new model, laser trip mines, and multiple death messages? I'll think about the model, try something for the death messages, but don't feel like trying to figure out how to make a trip mine. A proximety mine, maybe, but I don't feel like trying to make a trip mine. And you want the flak shell mode to fire the special quad-flak-shell-exploding flak shell and also fire goo, and have the four cluster shells to just explode normally?

someguy_99
9th Sep 2001, 02:56 PM
Thanks for thinking about the model. And sure, proximity mines will be fine I guess. I don't know what model you should use for them though. Now let me explain the flak shell mode. It shoots one shell, which explodes into 4 more shells, which explode into the fire gell stuff. Lots. Not enough to lag it up lots though.

Raden
9th Sep 2001, 03:01 PM
sorry, I won't try to help out anymore.

someguy_99
9th Sep 2001, 03:36 PM
Uh... What?

Kangus
9th Sep 2001, 04:17 PM
I liked nemephosis's (nightmare was so much easier to spell) exec weapon. It was good fun.

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 06:51 PM
So you want the 4 flak shells to explode into a bunch of flaming biogel?

Raden
9th Sep 2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by RamdoleKang
I liked nemephosis's (nightmare was so much easier to spell) exec weapon. It was good fun.

you did?

Are you just saying that to make me feel better? *eyes Kangus suspiciously*

;)

Postal
9th Sep 2001, 08:35 PM
He probly misses the use of execs, I know I do.

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 08:51 PM
How come you don't have an execs place here like the old forum?

someguy_99
9th Sep 2001, 10:05 PM
Uh, I have absolutely no idea what your talking about. And yes, flaming biogel. As I said before, like in next gen. Hey, since this weapon would be so "destructive", why not include it in the WoD mod? You should probably include the option of having it though.

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 10:19 PM
You have no idea what destructive is...

Raden
9th Sep 2001, 10:43 PM
Pal, I have SEEN destructive. This is merely a toy compared to the wonders I've seen. Yes it sounds neat and all but.... there's many more things out there I would call "destructive." flipping between 5 fire modes ain't it. :)

Smoke39
9th Sep 2001, 11:10 PM
What is the most destructive weapon you've seen?

Raden
10th Sep 2001, 09:10 AM
Well, that would have to be the U4E Nuker or the Dollbomb. If you've seen either of those in action you would agree, I think.

Postal
10th Sep 2001, 01:55 PM
Lol, for destructive, and unfare, you should have seen the WAR Nutron Bomber

someguy_99
10th Sep 2001, 04:49 PM
All right, I'll show you destructive. Smoke, as another mode, make it shoot a big-ass red thingy that will gib anyone within 10 feet of it. When it hits something, I want all hell to break loose. In other words, make it have a bunch of explosions all over the place and a blast wave like the redeemer, except it will go through walls, and have a radius of... Oh maybe the world. A last resort mode. Make it take 150 ammo. Thats not a big deal since you about o die anyways. Please make it. If it's not to tough for you that is. I was thinking of something like this as another mode a while ago, but decided it would be taking it a bit to far. That sound "destructive" enough for you?

Raden
10th Sep 2001, 05:59 PM
that's not destructive, that's "I'm desperate for a frag so I'll do anything." ;)

Smoke39
10th Sep 2001, 06:46 PM
Not really, but I'll do it anyway. That large sphere sounds simple enough. I just gotta make a big ball, make anyone who gets close die, and modify the redeemer explosion to kill everything within it's radius, rather than everything it sees. Oh yeah, and then there's making a bunch of smaller explosions everywhere... I'll make it look real purty, too.

someguy_99
10th Sep 2001, 10:51 PM
Sweet man you are my best friend. You are a god at this. Bye friend.

Raden
10th Sep 2001, 10:52 PM
what about the mostly-finished Moonraker Laser? :)

someguy_99
10th Sep 2001, 10:58 PM
The what? And oh yeah... This will probably be way to much to ask, but... Could you make it so bots actually know how to use it? Like not just hold down the switch mode button?

Postal
11th Sep 2001, 06:04 PM
Hmm, Smoke, that wouldnt be too hard, perhaps try to do that.

someguy_99
11th Sep 2001, 06:33 PM
Well, umm... That was just an example... I meant like to use certain modes in certain situations. Like not use the big-arse red thingy at point blank range, and to use the flak grenade thing to clear a room from above. Stuff like that. That's why I said it would probably be way to much to ask. Please do as much as you can possibly do. How's this... I send you 3 dollars in the mail. Canadian by the way:). It's just a joke, but if you really want me to I will.

Smoke39
11th Sep 2001, 07:56 PM
The Moonraker is mostly finished? Oh, uh...
I know nothing 'bout bots. Can you list all da modes you thought of here, so I don't have to go rummage through all the previous posts? Now I gotta work on da Moonraker (aparantly), my boomerang (if I ever figure out what's wrong), this thingy, and my 'special'-goo gun. Oh, and let us not forget, Tempus.

someguy_99
11th Sep 2001, 10:06 PM
Well let's see... The default one is the flak shell which explodes into 4 others and they explode into lots of fire gell, like off of next gen. The next one is where it shoots the white things (I was thinking that you could make them the things the skaarj shoot in U1. They're the only white things I can think of) at a very high speed things that go really fast and home in on people like crazy and kill instantly with the splash radius of the shock rifle combo. The next mode is the ripper blades the go through people and kill instantly and shoot fairly fast. The NEXT one is the proxy mines. Make them shoot really far with no arch. I don't know what model you should use. And last (I think) but definately not least, the big red thing that gibs anyone within 10 feet of it and blows up into lots of bangs and kills everyone on the level, including you. But if there's a way to make it so it doesn't kill you, do it. Well I think that's about it. Time to check the other replies.

Smoke39
11th Sep 2001, 11:10 PM
It kills everyone in the level? I don't know if I can make a lot of explosions throughout the level.

Raden
12th Sep 2001, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by someguy_99
Well let's see... The default one is the flak shell which explodes into 4 others and they explode into lots of fire gell, like off of next gen.
[b/]

you can't do this. You'd be stealing things from NextGen. If you do do it, give Frank Campisano credit for it.

Originally posted by someguy_99
[B]
And last (I think) but definately not least, the big red thing that gibs anyone within 10 feet of it and blows up into lots of bangs and kills everyone on the level, including you. But if there's a way to make it so it doesn't kill you, do it.

No offense, but are you that desperate for a frag? :D

someguy_99
12th Sep 2001, 01:53 PM
Cool, Smoke's at 666 posts. Anyways, I mean lots of explosions near where the red thing hits and a big radius that goes through walls and is really big. Like the whole-level-nomatter-what size. And I don't think that Smoke or anyone is going to publicly release this so I don't know if we have to give that guy credit for the fire gell. And for the big red thingy I told smoke to make it take 150 rounds, so you wouldn't be able to use it very often. It's like the suicide vest. I might as well tell you the ammo amounts for everything now. For the grenades make it take 4, for the white things 1, for the blades 1, and the proxys maybe 2. That about covers it I think

Smoke39
12th Sep 2001, 07:20 PM
Like someone said, Nemephosis, you can't copyright an idea, and there's no way in Oatmeal World I'd copy someone else's code for something so simple, so I guess there's no reason to give anyone credit. Plus what someguy said, I don't plan to really "release" this, and will thusly include no readme.

So it's just a REALLY big explosion, not one that explodes the whole level (but might if it's a sorta small level)? Should the flaming gel set people on fire? If so, how long should it last (I usually make it stay until you either A: die, or 2: jump in some moisture)?

someguy_99
12th Sep 2001, 07:39 PM
Make it have a bunch of explosions all over the place and a blast wave like the redeemer, except it will go through walls, and have a radius of the whole level no matter what size it is. Remember how you would make the bunch of explosions "real purty"? And yes, make it light them on fire. Make it last long enough to cause 20 damage or until they jump in liquid. Are you going to make a new model by the way? And how long will it take? If the model adds like a week to the gun, just forget about it.

Smoke39
12th Sep 2001, 08:43 PM
Sp it does blow up the whole level? With a bunch of smaller explosions near where it exploded?
I don't know if I'll make a model. Don't count on it.

Edit: I'm calling it the VLG5000000 (Very Large Gun Five-Million), in case you care.

someguy_99
12th Sep 2001, 10:31 PM
Yes little explosions near where it hits and a blast radius like that of a redeemer which fills the whole level and kills everyone. In other words, it has a blast radius that will span any level and go through walls. And NO, I'M calling it the BAFG30K (big arse f'ing gun 30000). And you didn't tell me how long it will take.

Smoke39
12th Sep 2001, 10:57 PM
YOU aren't doing anything, I am.
I told you not how long it would take because I don't know. As of now, the flak shells work, but don't set people on fire yet, and still need a few adjustments.
About how rappidly should each mode fire? I believe you only told me the white thingies and the special razors.

Raden
13th Sep 2001, 12:21 AM
Look buddy. You came on this board almost demanding someone make this for you. Now that someone is, I suggest you shut up and let him do it. He'll call it whatever the hell he wants.

It does what you want, right?

Who the hell cares what it's called.

Call it what you want, that won't change the coding coing into it. The death message will likely be something involving VLG5000000.

I requested the Moonraker Laser from Goldeneye be ported to UT and Smoke39 and I have worked together to make it good (if it gets done, eh smoke? ;) :p) and not against each other like I see here.

If you're not careful he'll drop it completely and then you'll be up **** creek without a paddle. All he has to do is take three seconds to hit the Delete key and the OK confirmation button, and whoopsie.... he, um, lost it... in a computer crash.

If I were you I would be a little more careful how you talk to people here.

Raden
13th Sep 2001, 02:25 PM
well THAT seems to have shut everyone up.... ;)

Kangus
13th Sep 2001, 03:46 PM
I think its your intimidating new avatar's authority shuts everyone the hell up out of fear you're are gonna kick their asses.

Raden
13th Sep 2001, 05:21 PM
ROFLMAO

someguy_99
13th Sep 2001, 05:58 PM
Either that or I just haven't visited this forum for a while. And the reason I said "need" is because I've been wanting that gun for a while. I've asked necron99, the guy who made strangelove, and the guy who used to run ureal tower. Ok, call the gun whatever you want. I dunno what's wrong because it's like Smoke isn't reading most of my posts. I don't mean about the fire rate. I mean the name. I wanted you to call it that for about 4 days or something. But whatever, do what you want. For the fire rates, the flak shells about that of the flak cannon, the mines a little less, and the red thing about once every 1.5 seconds. You know what I just realised? how stupid this will look. Just think, seeing a flak shell coming out of a minigun. Maybe you can release it for the first time with the minigun model, and the second time with a new model if you can find the time. And for the mode names, make them up yourself. I'm getting tired of thinking all this stuff up.

Smoke39
13th Sep 2001, 07:19 PM
I've been at school all day, explaining my lack of posting.
That was uncalled for, Nemephosis.
I'm reading all of your posts, guy, it's just that I don't wanna schlop around a bunch o' old messages to find that specific one in which you mentioned something.
Right now it's using the pulse gun model. I'm beginning to get a few vague ideas of what the model could look like if I made one.

someguy_99
13th Sep 2001, 07:57 PM
I thought you were going to use the minigun model. Guess I didn't even mention anything about it before I put that last post. If you do make a model, here's idea. I kinda based it on the pulse cannon model because you mentioned it. the body should be kinda like the minigun, because you need 2 hands to hold a "very large gun". The main barrel should look like the pulse cannon barrel (including the hole in the middle, which would be for the flak shell and the other ones for the white things.), but maybe a bit longer. Have it have a large barrel underneath the body, for the big shiny red thingy, and a slit-like-barrel going horizontaly across the top for the razors and the mines (if you use the translocater thing as the model). Good idea, no?

Smoke39
13th Sep 2001, 10:05 PM
Yes, you did mention the minigun model already, it's just that the gun I ripped the code from used the pulse gun model, and I though it was a good model anyway.
I myself was thinking of something a bit more... animated. You'll see as soon as I start to work on it.

someguy_99
13th Sep 2001, 10:44 PM
Do you mean start working on the model or the gun itself?

Smoke39
15th Sep 2001, 12:18 AM
I've already started the gun, as was indicated when I said that I had the flak shell mostly working.

Raden
15th Sep 2001, 06:22 AM
Smoke I was trying to help, OK?

He said that HE was calling it this, and what not.

It looks to me like he stormed on here and demanded it.

I thought I was defending you. Is there something wrong with defending a friend?

My intentions were good, OK? I might be wrong about this guy. If I am, well, gee, that's new, me being wrong.

God, I never said I was perfect. Just thought I would help. If you don't appreciate it, just please let me know and I'll refrain from it.

someguy_99
15th Sep 2001, 10:08 AM
OK, I'm sorry. It's that I thought he knew I wanted to call it that and he just said NO right in front of my face without asking if I wanted it different or anything. I'm a nice guy, alright? I'm not looking foward to being on your bad side. It was all a misunderstanding. And smoke, does this mean your probably gonna make a new model? For some weird reason I dreampt that you let me test out the flak shell mode and you used the- damnit I forget what's it's called. Its the melee weapon you start out with. Anyways, it was turned on its side and had a purple skin. Wierd...

someguy_99
15th Sep 2001, 03:07 PM
About how much have you progressed now?

Smoke39
15th Sep 2001, 07:03 PM
Nemephosis, it didn't seem to me like he was going "Argh! You stooped fool! Do it right!" so I just thought you were being a tad harsh, that's all.
I most likely will make a model once the code is done.
Still no further progress, I'm affraid. One of my friends slept over last night, and I've been taking screen shots from Predator as referance material for my Predtech mutator most of today before we have to take it back. Hopefully I'll get some work done on the VLG5000000 a little later.

someguy_99
15th Sep 2001, 08:57 PM
Cool thanks for making a model. And don't worry, I can live with waiting for another 2 weeks if I had to. Actually I'm just being nice. I can't wait for you to finish it. But just take your time. Hey, since you're going through this trouble with the model and all, why not publicaly release it?

Smoke39
15th Sep 2001, 10:19 PM
Perhaps I shall. The flak shell is coming along quite nicely, except for some lag trouble when more that one or two are fired at once. Blasted flaming cluster objects.

someguy_99
15th Sep 2001, 10:57 PM
But there's no way to make it so there's less lag is there? And when will you start working on it again?

Smoke39
15th Sep 2001, 11:20 PM
My last post was describing it's state after an update I had just done. I might be able to reduce the lag, but I'm not entirely sure. There are several things I could try to reduce the lag.

someguy_99
16th Sep 2001, 01:43 PM
Alrighty then.

someguy_99
19th Sep 2001, 10:23 PM
How about an update on the gun?

Smoke39
19th Sep 2001, 10:38 PM
Update: I have made absolutely no progress since my previous update.
Homework is bad.

someguy_99
20th Sep 2001, 04:34 PM
Same Here.

someguy_99
24th Sep 2001, 10:48 PM
Any progress?

Smoke39
24th Sep 2001, 11:21 PM
Er... I have this problem, see? I very frequently start stuff before finishing any previous stuff, leaving the previous stuff to waste.
In other words, no, I've been wasting my time doing nothing. If I get any free time tomorow (blasted homework!), I will work on it.

someguy_99
25th Sep 2001, 06:25 PM
Let's see, if you get off school about the same time I do... You have about 9 hours of free time if you go to bed about 12 minus maybe an hour for supper. Couldn't you use at least an hour a day to work on it?

Smoke39
25th Sep 2001, 08:43 PM
Well, yesterday I had a piano lesson. 45 minutes. Today's lookin' better, though.

Raden
26th Sep 2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Smoke39
Er... I have this problem, see? I very frequently start stuff before finishing any previous stuff, leaving the previous stuff to waste.

Don't I know it. ;)

Can someone else maybe code the Moonraker Laser then? It sounds like you're swamped, big-time.

Smoke39
27th Sep 2001, 12:10 AM
The laser wouldn't take long, I don't think, to finish. Blasted homework.

someguy_99
27th Sep 2001, 04:33 PM
Did you do any work on it? <whisper> And for the laser, just steal the U4E code... </whisper> Joke.

Smoke39
27th Sep 2001, 08:54 PM
What U4e laser? Have you ever played Goldeneye?
I have worked on nothing. I'm currently in one o' my DX thingies.

someguy_99
30th Sep 2001, 05:46 PM
Have you done any work one my gun yet Smoke? It's been about a month since I asked you to start I think.

Smoke39
30th Sep 2001, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's been a month. I haven't been working on it. I've been working a bit on Predtech an' stuff. Maybe I'll go finish off da white thingies now.

Raden
1st Oct 2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Smoke39
The laser wouldn't take long, I don't think, to finish. Blasted homework.

How long would you reckon? ;)

I bet not long, really. Then I can get off your case about it ;)

/me envisions playing UT in Temple with Moonraker Laser.... yum....

Smoke39
1st Oct 2001, 08:28 PM
Yeah, well, you know what I have to say 'bout homework? No; "!@#$%*!"

someguy_99
5th Oct 2001, 05:22 PM
NEW IDEA!!!!! If you don't wish to add this if you don't have to, Smoke. If you do, release the gun without all this first. I got the idea when using the Warsuit. Make the gun let you run fast (maybe a little faster than the warsuit), jump higher than the jumpboots, give you light all around you for really far, lots of armor, and, uh... That's all I guess.

Smoke39
5th Oct 2001, 07:20 PM
This has got the be the lamest weapon I've ever heard of. I really don't know why I'm making it.

someguy_99
5th Oct 2001, 07:49 PM
Well if you put it that way, neither do I.

Smoke39
6th Oct 2001, 12:46 AM
What's it like to live in a box?

someguy_99
6th Oct 2001, 10:45 AM
Well, Its not really one box, it's thousands upon thousands all cut into special shapes and stacked. And the bugs I eat are the rare species, "lahghofhisadflhvui". You won't go hungry for a week after eating one of those.

Raden
6th Oct 2001, 01:43 PM
how about finishing up on a real weapon, smoke? *cough*Moonraker*cough*

;)

Smoke39
6th Oct 2001, 03:04 PM
Well, that doesn't sound so bad, then.

Raden
6th Oct 2001, 05:15 PM
Very many gracious thankyou's, friend.

someguy_99
6th Oct 2001, 05:29 PM
Uh, I think he was talking to me.

Raden
6th Oct 2001, 05:57 PM
Hmmm. Good question.

Who were you referring to, Smoke?

Smoke39
6th Oct 2001, 06:14 PM
That guy an' his lifestyle.

Raden
6th Oct 2001, 06:20 PM
ah, then he was right. My bad.

May I then refer you to my fourth previous post, Smoke?

that includes this one by the way.

Smoke39
6th Oct 2001, 06:21 PM
Check the Moonraker post.

Psycho_Leech
27th Oct 2001, 03:34 PM
Instead of speeding up, since this weapon already makes you near enough invincible, the VGL5000000 should accidently nail the user to the floor, and one of the modes gets you moving again, but wrecks the gun, thus balancing it out SLIGHTLY, but still fits the criteria of being highly unbalanced nonetheless and allowing you to take out an army of 50 titans in seconds without taking even the slightest damage.

someguy_99
27th Oct 2001, 04:27 PM
*cough* streaker! *cough*

Psycho_Leech
28th Oct 2001, 03:47 PM
Maybe that would be too similar, but moving really fast would completely ruin the gun, something that big would slow you down, though, and perhaps the light up would be a good idea, really bright, flashing, with a siren, and a sign in big letters: "HERE I AM, EVERYONE COME AND GET ME"
But that wasn't what you were thinking, was it?
As for the nailing to the floor, I wasn't thinking of placing it down, more like the recoil accidently ramming a large pole through your arm, that would put you off using it slightly, or you could snipe on a wall without platforms, but the large explosions and bright lights and the entire level being reduced to shreds would give your location away.(And probably blow your head away)

someguy_99
28th Oct 2001, 04:04 PM
Listen, I'm going for overkill, not realism, OK?

Psycho_Leech
1st Nov 2001, 12:26 PM
I don't remember reading anything about U.S. Special forces using a gun like that, or anybody, for that matter, the thing it, it's not overkill, it's beyond overkill, over-string-of-positive-aspects-of-weapons-which-don't-really-go-together-too-well.