gaming feedback needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which package is most appealing to you?

• $150/mo Full-root Access Game Server

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • $x/mo Game "session" in-game Admin Server

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • $50/mo No support, low bandwidth Server

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZartanCH

Sep 7, 2001
Miami
www.chupacabras.net
Fellow Unrealers,

Hi,

I wanted to let you guys know that I've helped an ISP add some new products/services that are gaming related that you might be interested in.

I've geared the typical service stuff to accomodate our type of needs in terms of either hosting or game hosting etc. (I used to work with Alienware.com so you might understand my background)

One of their first products are full-root access game servers.

I'd like to know what you think of the package and pricing and any other ways you feel an ISP could give you more specialized service for future developments!

www.discgroup.net

So far the response has been pretty good. I'm only messaging a select group of people that this could benefit to get their impressions.

Thanks!
James
Jemlex Studios
Tel: 305.979.2445
james@jemlex.com
www.jemlex.com

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Interesting, but I have no other sources of game servers to compare the prices against. I'd suggest aiming for more clan orientated gaming sites, simply because few individuals will take up this offer, whereas with a group it'd be more palatable.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
This would better fit into the UT forum

150$ is horrendous. I've seen that for 60 $
And my clan is currently looking into sorting the same out on Jolt in Europe which will cost us 50 pounds (about 70-75$)

ZartanCH

Sep 7, 2001
Miami
www.chupacabras.net
CLANSERVERS.NET REVIEW

Hi,

When I say "unlimited game sessions" it means you can have any number of players that you want. To translate that in clanserver or starship language that means you don't order by how many guys you want. (they launch a quake server "session" and set the number of "maxplayers" to 16 or whatever)

I find that too limiting. What about voice com? What about special launches?

So let's say you get one of these initial setup servers with Discgroup... I was able to successfully run 2-3 HL TFC servers at 18 guys each on a 400 MHz. What could you do with 1 Ghz and a bucket of RAM?

Btw....any of these games support multiprocessor?

Ok....now for the other sites (which I think are great too and I might borrow some ideas from)

Re: Clanservers.net/Starshipgames.net

I like the fact that you get webspace...it has a nice all in one feature to it.

Discgroup should offer that as well... but I prefer more MB.

All their packages are fine except one thing:

THE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND THE DISCGROUP GAME SERVER IS FULL CONTROL!

:)

Give the gamers their darn server! I don't believe in giving people half-arsed products. Personally, I like to have options, performance and freedom to do as I please.

You can only do that with a dedicated box. Sometimes I play and have Roger Wilco on 24/7...I contact my family in California and talk via the headset.... then we "ghost buster retro game" in the new HL dmc that Valve did.

Pretty cool...!

Anyways I appreciate your feedback! Whatever you guys share with me I can put in the future products. Discgroup just started this new service....... skie's the limit as they say!

icest0rm

Ready for a cold one?
Feb 16, 2001
Antarctica
www.frostcloud.com
Re: CLANSERVERS.NET REVIEW

Originally posted by ZartanCH
When I say "unlimited game sessions" it means you can have any number of players that you want. To translate that in clanserver or starship language that means you don't order by how many guys you want.

So are you saying that there is absolutely no traffic limit? I can have a UT server with 32 players on it and if it generates over 1000 GIGS of traffic per month, it'll be ok? If so, that's quite a deal.