Why do I have to download so much?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cave

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Hey,

I am kind of new to the UT sceen, and am frustrated that I have to download so much when joining some servers. It seems that some mods and mutators make you download things when they are not even in use. For instance, I have SWAT or Tactical Ops (whatever it is called) on my computer. When my fiend come over for a LAN party and join my game, they have to either install it on theirs, or let it download all the files. Is there something simple I am missing here?

Erik

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
It's called serverpackages and can be found in the UnrealTournament.ini (i think)

Don't fix me on that but I assume you have delete all lines you don't want to have others to download.

And I assume you have all 4 Bonuspacks

Plaguelord

Unreal/Deus Ex mapper
Open the file UnrealTournament.ini. Under the heading [Engine.GameEngine] you'll see a whole bunch of lines like ServerPackages = Blah blah blah... When you run a server, UT will make sure all your clients have those mods installed, if not, then they'll have to download it. All you have to do is delete the lines that you don't need. I suggest you make a backup of your UnrealTournament.ini file first tho.

Nevar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Should be able to just put a semi colon in front of the lines
as a temporary fix in the UT.ini serverpackages section.

cave

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Thanks, that was going to be my next question. So, what would you reccomend to keep there? Is there anything really necisary to play regular UT?