How do I get UMOD functionality back

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cave

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
I recently re-installed windows, and don't really want to re-install UT since it, and all the patches and stuff are so big. Is there a way to make UMOD files work again without re-installing?

Erik

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
hal: i think you misunderstood there, what he means is that he still has the ut files there from the original install, it just isn't associated with umods anymore. If you re-install from scratch, it will associate with umods, but will also reset to the base version. Therefore, he seeks a way to re-associate the umods, keeping the original UT installation

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
what you can do is rename your UT directory to something else, for example UT2. then install UT in a new dir, for example UT. after install, delete the UT dir (and thus the files you've just installed) and rename your UT2 dir to UT.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
This will do it!

From the post New visitors: read this UT FAQ before posting!

How do I install a UMOD?
If you find that just double clicking and trying to open it doesn't work (which it should), the .umod file type may no longer exist. Go to My Computer, View > Folder Options. Click on the File Types tab, and click the New Type button. The description of the file is an Unreal Module. The associated file extension is .umod. The content type is application/x-compressed. The action is Install this Unreal module. The application used to perform the action is C:\UnrealTournament\System\Setup.exe install "%1".

cave

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Hey, that did it. I feel like a turd for not reading the FAQ first. I also tried the file listed above which also fixed a few other things such as Windows knowing where my UT directory is and such. Thanks