None related INF sound problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aeris

K.O.S (Determination)
Aug 9, 2001
Basking in African sun
Does anyone know if UMX files can be converted to .aif, .arr, .prt an then converted back to UMX. Cause im stuck!!
Also what is tha max polyphony you can get that runs smoothly? I can get good polyphony with a buffer length of 150ms, stereo in 16 bit, MMX aceleration on, mixing quality @ 48,000Hz an Bass extension at 38Hz, reverb on etc.. Im using Modplug Tracker for Umx play back an Cubase VST for other bits an pieces.
Any help apriciated.
-Aeris

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Does anyone know if UMX files can be converted to .aif, .arr, .prt an then converted back to UMX. Cause im stuck!!
Also what is tha max polyphony you can get that runs smoothly? I can get good polyphony with a buffer length of 150ms, stereo in 16 bit, MMX aceleration on, mixing quality @ 48,000Hz an Bass extension at 38Hz, reverb on etc.. Im using Modplug Tracker for Umx play back an Cubase VST for other bits an pieces.
Any help apriciated.

I'm extremely new at this and no almost nothing, but I might be able to help you a bit if I knew exactly what you were trying to do (converting it to all those formats...)

Aeris

K.O.S (Determination)
Aug 9, 2001
Basking in African sun
Ahhh well I 'prolly know more than yous if you new to it all:)
Im tryin to make a sound for ma INF level, but I wanna start in .aif an convert back to UMX to fine tune, etc. UMX playback suits ma comp better for testing as I can get a higher polyphony with tha UMX player I have.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Download ModPlug, open the .imx files, then export them as a .wav and use that file to play around with it.

But you cannot change them back to .umx because umx is a sequencer format.