Screenshots from My Macedonian Map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Old Geezer

Apr 16, 2001
London, UK
www.geezerstudios.co.uk
Here are some screenshots from my new and finished map called Macedonia. I will be posting it to RealMaps and www.infiltration-maps.com in the next day or so. The texture pack that comes with it is large.

I have tried to capture the feel of a real Macedonian village in this map. I have never been to Macedonia but in May this year I went on a fact finding tour of Kosova as a guest of the UN and spent some time in Prizren which is a town right on the Macedonian border. I saw lots of villages and this formed the basis for my map design.

This screenshot shows the Macedonian flag flying over the militia HQ.

The last picture in this series shows me at a briefing on the security situation in southern Kosovo which received from the Italian commander of the KFOR South district. It was a very interesting visit.

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
yet another kick ass map:) how do these mappers do it? ...steroids! j/k:D. It's looking really good - nice (and realistic) placement of the bushes/trees, looks like it'll be good for teamplay too ;)

Just wondering though, how did you get to go to Kosovo as a guest of the UN? Are you a journalist or something? You can't get much better research than that! (well, you could go and fight in Macedonia, but somehow I don't think it would be worth it just for a map:D)

P.S. Don't let RogueLeader find out you were a guest of the UN lol :lol:

Old Geezer

Apr 16, 2001
London, UK
www.geezerstudios.co.uk
I work for a district in London running European projects so I get to travel all over Europe. The visit to Kosovo was to set up a link between my district and a town called Klina in southern Kosovo, the vist was arranged by the UN who acted as my host and guide when I was there. My district in London has lots of Kosovo Albanian refugees living in it (its one of the most cosmopolitan areas in Europe - over 100 nationalites - the resturants are out of this world) and we now have lots of Kosova children in our schools so a link to their county of origin is very useful.

I got see most of Kosovo on the trip and met almost all the key players, this included visiting a besieged Serb enclave. It was easily the most interesting trip I have ever done.

Of course the UN couldn't undertsand me when I stopped to stare at a building and muttered "cool texture" :)

Glad you like the map by the way.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I LOVE the background. That's the best I can remember seeing. Then the whole map goes along with it as well. Great looking map.
Jaymian

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Lovely work mate. Loks like a fun one!

I can see we have a similar style too (Hopefully yours is tidier than mine, cause mine = disaster area). The only thing I'd reccommend is raising the height of your skyzoneinfo, cause from those pics the mountains look a little too close. The skybox itself though has the best looking textures I've seen ever in a skybox...so nice one there.

I'll be very interested in the finished product. Again...top notch!

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Looks alot nicer than the parts of Kosovo I saw. It really is funny how looking at it (even though I'm certain I've never been there) I can definitely place this in Kosovo. Actually, I'm interested in hearing about your trip too. When exactly did you go? How are things there now? People still want to kill each other over a sheep? Did you see Mr. Bunny's grave?

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Geezer: Damn! That is one of the best edges I have ever seen! :eek: Now if only I could fix Ued so I can finish my maps :p

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
WOW! thats all I have to say! I love this map plays well and looks damn good to! Well done Geezer fantastic work! I really look forward to seeing more work from you..! Im very impressed!