"You're Marked!" - mod/mutator idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
I thought of this a while back; I think it's a decent idea that would add a bit of interest to a deathmatch.

A 'frag-marker' weapon - probably just a mod on the sniper rifle. A player shoots another player with this, and this 'marks' them.

The person who marked the player can still kill them for a frag, but here's the clever part - if another player kills someone who is marked, the marker gets extra points, and the killer gets nothing. Or maybe even loses points.

Also, perhaps the marker could get even MORE frags if the marked person kills themselves. That'd add yet another dimension.

Obviously, when the marker is killed, all marks are removed.

Some extra rules to balance things:

- ammunition for the marker-gun would be very limited
- there would be a limit to how many people one person can have marked. maybe that limit would be 'one', and if you try to mark another person, the mark would transfer to them. Or the marker would explode.
-marks can be transferred
-there is some kinda (subtle) graphical thing to show a character is marked, and who by.
- a markee can kill their marker for extra points

optional rule:

- only a headshot will mark someone

yeah. interesting, dontcha think?

~Gwilym

P.S. Don't call it just another hunter MOD cuz it's not.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Unfortunately, yeah, it IS "just another hunt mod."

Granted it sounds better than a lot of the rabbit hunt / duck hunt clones out there. My personal favourite is Marked for Death (available where else, Modsquad, in my sig.)

It may be yet another hunt mod but this one sounds the best so far. This one's got lots of potential. I hope it gets developed. :)

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
well, I can't make it. I'd need somebody to do it for me.

anyone?

plus maybe it could be packaged with the semi-realism MOD I want made (yes, another one - there still isn't an especially adequate one!)...but that too would need to be programmed/modelled/etc by other people, I'd just be the director guy. and the sound/music guy.

~Gwilym