Humble request to infiltration mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mobace

rimmerlike :(
I have found that the majority of DM infiltration maps are really only TDM maps. The spawn points are generally placed to put several or all team members together. However, when setting up a DM game this is quite problematic. Now, I realize that by far online games are TDM, however from my little knowledge of UnrealED it should not be difficult to create a separate compile of the map with spawn points only changed.

I would greatly appreciate this. So many great maps, but so little to use for DM larger than 1v1.

Thx

MoBAcE

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
If you just want to be against the bots (but not have them kill each other), you can create a zero person team for yourself and a 31 person team for your bots. Do it on an office map and you've got Die Hard. You may have to use addbots to avoid serious telefragging.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
NO one likes DM really, or TDM, we all want EAS. I am not making any DM maps for INF. Very unrealistic. You don't hae 16 armies sending in one guy with the goal to kill eachother.

mobace

rimmerlike :(
NOTE: did not request DM only maps just TDM copy with spaced out spawnpoints. At any rate the majority of games I have ever found on INF servers are all TDM. If you don't want to make the spawn points grant access to others, won't steal credit and not like we'll make any money from it. And I doubt there aren't other people that play regular DM.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
doesn't really fit the team now does it? Somehow I don't see the INF mappers takeing the time to make something completely irrelevant to the game.

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
@[RSU]MoBAcE|PuF load the map in UED
move the spawnpoits around untill you like where they are.
press f8 then only select rebuild paths ,or something like (i dont have UED availible at the moment)
at any rate its the bottem one

then save your map to a DIFFERENT! name (use DM-INF-scasm instead of TMD-INF-scasm for example)

and go play DM

@others
guys he just wants some good old DM fun
whats wrong with that?
he really dusnt care if its realistic or not!

*the_fur and the vrrc are looking really wierdly at countess at this points*

remember ? fun?
where you injoy playing just for the fun of killing!
where you reval in the carnage!
where the sight of blood makes your crave to make more of it flow
where you injoy spraying bullets everywhere!
where you injoy acting like a madman in heat looking for a mate
!
remember?

*no change in the_fur's or the vrrc's expression*

ok i give up
you guys are hopeless!

*legal disclamer*
this last statment is ofcourse ment to be taken as a joke
but seeing the ppl it is about, i thought i'd just add this so they wont take it too seriusly:p

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
*VrrC continues to stare blankly.*

Fun? F-un? What is this... f-un? Is it like Klien, when you must make your room look good?

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
All mappers would have to do is put a ****load of playerstarts in there maps! In TDM you spawn at a playerstart that is associated to your team-generaly team 1 or 2. What I did in DM-Dahood (and going to do in my next map) is put playerstarts in there for another team, like team 3. Normally in a 2 team TDM you won't notice them, but when you do DM you can spawn there.
This way ONE map can be both DM and TDM.

I have spoken :D