PDA

View Full Version : TarquinPack enhancements

tarquin
2nd Sep 2001, 01:12 PM
Good news everyone!
The new version of the TarquinPack came a step closer yesterday when I finally sorted some function stuff I've been trying to get to work for ages!
There are still some major unresolved things, but in the meantime, I'm opening up this thread for requests for tweaks to the 4 builders from the original release... minor things & fixes etc :)

So far, there's the list on the plans page (http://www.planetunreal.com/tarquin/future.tarq.html) on my site and I've also been asked for:

flippable polys for the Panorama
torus to allow zero inner radius

The attachment is a brush made with the new version of the Cylinder builder, with the Crowning option.

Machismo
2nd Sep 2001, 01:56 PM
Uh............ taraquin how about a automatic texture alignment for the cylinder brush - something like the pillar wrap from TexAlign2.

Also the cry for a terrain builder is huge - maybe something on the lines of terra edit tho I doubt very much if its possible.

PS: I gotta say I cant believe that u r taking the time to help the community like this instead of spending time on your map.

The mapping scene is slowin down whats the demand for this stuff like.

[edit]

Oh r u doing this so it will look good on your resume :D (j/k)

Machismo
2nd Sep 2001, 02:11 PM
uh what am I going to use the crowned eg for the 2ded makes it less confusing :)

Cursed_Soul
2nd Sep 2001, 02:17 PM
Tarquin, what do u think of a cilinder like yours, but i can change inner and outer radius seperately from the top and the bottom of the cylinder would be handydandy

tarquin
2nd Sep 2001, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Machismo
The mapping scene is slowin down whats the demand for this stuff like.
I suspect it may pick up when Unreal2 comes out!

texture alignment: I don't think that's possible, the brushbuilder script can only set poly flags (sheet, 2sided etc)

C_S, the cylinder is sort of splitting into two :)
there's the regular cylinder, and there's the new pyramid, which is basically a cylinder that allows multiple storeys, each with its own height & radius.

Cursed_Soul
2nd Sep 2001, 04:43 PM
Could u show me some pictures from it, im curious

MachDelta
3rd Sep 2001, 02:42 AM
Hmmm... if your REALLY bored, maybe invent a way to define the shape of the curved staircase steps... like, maybe you could import a saved 2D shape and then have the casebuilder revolve that up and around. Would be kinda cool for making steps that have three sides or whatever. Might not be possible, but I can always dream :p

MD

Cursed_Soul
3rd Sep 2001, 05:00 AM
i get f"#$"#in anoyed when i need straight stairs that looks like the one in the pic, could u make a button 4 it pleasssssse...

anduhhm when can we expect a new brushpack from u, i cant w8 :)

Cursed_Soul
3rd Sep 2001, 05:01 AM
this isnt a hi tech detailed stairs :P but i guess u get the point

Machismo
3rd Sep 2001, 05:31 AM
I'll bet you that taraquin could easily write that stuff since he has already figured out how to code curved starirs - it will probably be a step backwards in fact.

How difficult can it be to make noramlly anyway. Just ctrl+w 6 or 8 or whatever times move a little down and to the front and you get the shape.

Cursed_Soul
3rd Sep 2001, 05:37 AM
true, but wel it can be a pain in the ''tochus'' and takes unneeded time 2 do, and im still thinkin of brushes etc, but i cant come up with a good one at the moment...

Zaphrod
4th Sep 2001, 05:10 PM
I was going to ask for a polar sphere but I see its on the way so I will just say thanks

Cursed_Soul
6th Sep 2001, 04:24 AM
please excuse me if s/o allready said it..

a sphere with an inner radius and a % button that begins with 0 towards 360 horizontal and the same 4 vertical (or something like that) so u can do a lot with it, cut it in half, or just use a quarter of it or just a pizzaslice etc... (and would be handy if it used less poly's comparing 2 the original sphere in the editor)

DawnTreader
28th Sep 2001, 12:00 AM
it would be nice if you could allow us to draw the path points in the 3d map view instead of having to do them in the propertise window of the tool. in addition, maybe you could build a toolbar that we could put our own buttons on and then attach that button to a prefab brush that we might use constantly.

i think that over all your tools are really cool. i havent been mapping long, but i am working on building a map based on my 3 story home and have been having great fun learning how to map. (i have been working at the map for more than a year off and on.)

fallonme
28th Sep 2001, 01:18 AM
Is it possible to have other telesated shapes besides cubes.

Cursed_Soul
28th Sep 2001, 01:34 AM
i dont think tarquin is in the mood 2 make us a brush or something like that.....

there is a chance that this awesome dude is never commin back...

LordKhaine
28th Sep 2001, 06:47 AM
Cursed Soul, tarquin is still posting :)

Cursed_Soul
28th Sep 2001, 08:32 AM
Oopssssieeeee didnt know that.. my apologies then...

LordKhaine
28th Sep 2001, 09:07 AM
I've seen him make many posts in the ot forums for a start :)

tarquin
29th Sep 2001, 03:10 AM
I'm around...
but I don't know when I'll be doing any more coding, I'm not sleeping well & my concentration is shot to pieces.

There'll probably be a 1.5 release eventually.