First online experience

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Wew,

Although I had UT since it came out(I even played the demos), I had my first experience today.
That was great!
What I wanted to know is: where do you PUFers play ?
There was a long list, and many required passwords(Clan servers), can I filter the list to only show those who don't require passwords ?
Another thing: The servers where I played did't have team balance, we played once two against four and another server had it so that the gap would be filled with bots, how to see(filter) this too ?

Thanks ;)

Mohamz

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
UT doesn't have any of those filters like T2

We don't have fixed servers. Two US servers are the Mothership runing UTJB and The Web
You can join irc.enterthegame.com #planetunreal , but we don't usually play UT there, so don't ask for a game every 30 seconds.

My first online game:
I came, saw and got 0wned

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Originally posted by Silver_Dragon
Just click on any server. ;)

:)
Ok, I know that, for example the thing with bots jumping in when the teams are not balanced is: Bots enter game for min...
You see I'm not sooo illiterate :D

What I wanted to know is how to filter the list.

I came, saw and got 0wned

:D
There were some players who 0wned me badly.. really badly, but I wasn't so bad though (or didn't I play long enough: 2h ?)

What I didn't like is that players come and don't balance teams, but instead join the winning team(even if they have more players :mad: )

mobace

rimmerlike :(
i too played ut since it came out. i got to play once online back in like april at school... i must have hit a server with a bunch of peopple that had just bought the game cause i owned them. then, when i went to other servers i pretty much got owned.

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Wooo,

Tried Instagib CTF, wew, that was an experience!
There were some players who really 0wned me, hahaha...
But I did the job(defending) well I thing.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
If you wanna try out 1 vs 1 DM join #pufladder. If there people there (evenings) you'll get a game for sure.
I'm typically idling/chatting there so feel free to look me or pm me. We're on the same network as #planetunreal(can't leave the motherchannel) so you can chat there as well without switching servers.

_Zd_JOLT1r_

Help needed
Nov 20, 2000
Utrecht
www.zdclan.nl
You gotta try Domination sometimes, there are alot of good servers for DOM, and they are in the area where you live.
So you ping OK, and I havent encounterd a server with a password yet.....

Hope to see you soon :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by _Zd_JOLT1r_
You gotta try Domination sometimes, there are alot of good servers for DOM, and they are in the area where you live.

Yeah try DOM...its awesome.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Originally posted by farmerx
how many people here play JB ? i LOVE that mod
I played a lot JB when it first came out. I love it too.
But there was so few people playing and few servers.
When I joined a server there were most bots there so now I don't even have the mod installed any longer.

[Ss]|[Dj]

SuPeRsTaR | Dj
Jul 20, 2001
Midlands.UK
Visit site
Originally posted by farmerx
how many people here play JB ? i LOVE that mod

I play it a little but like Swedix said not many ppl play it on line - shame!

Mohamz - u wanna get a few mods like JB and RA for a bit of variety and try d/l the odd map or 2 so if you see a server running a custom map you can get straight on.You can never have enough maps!

Have fun.

:morety:

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by _Zd_JOLT1r_

I'm starting to think you and MBee don't play DOM at all Joltr. I've seen a few _ZD_ guys at some of the DOM servers I frequent...but never you 2. Hmmmmmmm.....

Ph34r my DOM skillz!!!!!

WasHighPingDuck

Experienced
Nov 30, 2000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hi Mohamz,
Scroll to the top of this thread and click on the GameSpy link in the top corner.
Download their demo version of GameSpy.
It keeps a favourites list, buddy lists, number and last time played for each server.
Just put the servers you like on the favourite list.
You can set it to just update your favourites on startup to save time.
Who knows, you might like it enough to buy it and get more features.
Very useful!

Mohamz

Super SAIYA-JIN
Oct 10, 2000
Earth!
Visit site
Oh noooo

I met this guy, you know the one that kills his own
team members.
I was on a server where you can get hurt by friendly fire, I liked
it since it felt more realistic.
But then this guy entered the game, his nick was HAHAHA and then he started to snipe against us(his teammates)
At the begining I thought it was just a newbie who is too stressed and is just hitting us by accident, but then it became obvious!
I then started to fight him and killed him, this and him killing our members led to the defeat of our team.

I hadn't time to tell the others, since when he saw that I noticed his behaviour, he went after me and tried to kill me.
I kicked his arse :D but then our team lost the match...

he has really no fun! :(

When leaving he wrote something like: teamfragging HAHAHA

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
There just are morons (m0s) everywhere. We even have some where i live, on the back side of the Moon, but fortunately none of them happens to play UT. When you cros that kind of player, who is obviously trying to ruin the game for other players, you can call him a Llama and make him your bitch, or better yet find an admin to kickban his arse from the server.