Navy Seals?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I agree that you should not be able to fire your weapon effectively while it is submerged, but I thing that once the muzzle of your weapon clears the water, you should be able to fire it. It sux that right now, if you are in water, you are a sitting duck. Not very realistic, but it is an improvement over being shot by a completely submerged opponent.

Feedback please.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
the problem is that you start swimming as soon as your waist goes under the water level, maybe that "zone" should be changed to your weapon instead. that would fix the problem.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
u can shoot from underwater! just learn how to hipshoot and get every damn sniper in atoll while they cant see u :p all u got to do is not pressing any buttons for 1 sec and u can shoot.... hehe, kinda sneaky ey!

Harpoon

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Yeah. That's why people carry three weapons. They don't care about realism/fairness, it's all about winning and killing the other guy, making him sit out the whole round, etc...

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
ok, that bug needs to be fixed.

anyways, the first time I noticed you could no longer fire guns underwater was in atol, and the enemy was coming at me with a knife. I tried to switch to knife, but couldn't switch to it, kept getting the grenade. since he was almost within knifing distance, i thought what the heck, and threw the grenade, blowing us both up.

PROMAGNUM

HaloBender
Jun 26, 2000
LACAUSA
www.Promagnum.com
harpoon gun?
grappling hook, I actually wouldn't mind them in the long run, if there was limit to one a team, I believe this is an impossible feature but to actually use a grapple wire and it stay there, or hooked if you will to something and players can climb up it or slide across it, is very realistic, I just think its impossible for the UT engine.
Plus if there going for the massive seal team feeling, or similar, they will need NVG,moving boats, and not to mention all the other water gear. If they somehow created a map or level with all the players in scubagear,h2o tanks, and fins,guns,etc It could be very appealing, not to mention possible for the fact they have made it so servers choose the skins for maps. But as for now I have no clue period on anything for realism for certain areas. But uh, for the underwater shooting, I would leave it as is, or try to adjust the process of coming up from the water, it always seems to be noisy and loud even though your going very,very slow.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
i found out by being killed by some1 hip shooting from underwater while i was sniping..... really weird, i once tried it and it looks so weird firing a bolt acion rifle from under water

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well that sux. Half the fun of TheFlood was killing unsuspecting victims from underwater. Well I suppose. Now the knife has a purpose.
Jaymian