Shotgun Model, Shooting Range, Crouching

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fen Phen

The Napper
Oct 28, 2000
A few comments/questions about 2.86:

* This has probably already been discussed, but are there plans to redo the shotgun model for the first-person perspective? The angle on the gun's sights is just really weird.

* The shooting range should be updated a little. First off, ammunition for the new weapons should be added. Second, how's about having an armory room containing every available weapon? When a new weapon is introduced, I want to try it out without having to switch load-outs and "end the round." The ammunition on the top shelves in the ammo rooms are hard to reach (do you have to jump and grab?), and the ammo on the bottom shelf requires a crouch to get at it. Perhaps a more ambitious revision of the shooting range could include some moving targets to shoot at?

* In UT, crouching prevents you from walking off a high ledge. Can this be put back into Inf? I mean, it's not that unrealistic, is it?

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I think you are already crouch protected from going over a ledge.
Yup, just checked. Still there.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by Fen Phen
The ammunition on the top shelves in the ammo rooms are hard to reach (do you have to jump and grab?), and the ammo on the bottom shelf requires a crouch to get at it.
Yes, jump and grab, crouch and grab. Simple. What's wrong with that?
Perhaps a more ambitious revision of the shooting range could include some moving targets to shoot at?
Good point.

Fen Phen

The Napper
Oct 28, 2000
Originally posted by Monk_Zero
I think you are already crouch protected from going over a ledge.
Yup, just checked. Still there.

I guess I did something stupid cause I fell off one of the ManorFarm roofs while I thought I was crouching. :rolleyes: (It seems to be working okay for me now.)

Gar

Magnum Farce
Oct 26, 2000
Shooting range

Whilst we're talking about the shooting range, how about some turning targets on the pistol range - that would make an ex-shooter very happy :)

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
Originally posted by Fen Phen

Second, how's about having an armory room containing every available weapon? When a new weapon is introduced, I want to try it out without having to switch load-outs and "end the round."
I like that idea a lot.