Encouraging Teamwork

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Orca`PACO

;o)
Aug 31, 2001
ppaco.cjb.net
I looked through forums and could not see any discussion about teamplay... in the case if i missed it - sorry for openning a new topic, and please direct me there it's supposde to be

Now, Wouldnt it be nice if a team would actually work as a team ?
2.86 certanly emcourages it up to some point, but teams still luck coordination.
What i'm offering is an idea how game itself can give directions to players. Imagine if at begining of the round there would be a breifing on who does what, it wouldcertably help teamwork and increase chances of winning.
I think it's useful to devide team onto offence and defence, based on loadout ( if u got robar, PSG, scoped rifle that sugest what u will be sniping, SMG or shotty good fo rushers) Offence probably should consist of several groups, with leaders and cover. 2-3 person per group, with leader choosen based on score of previous round or match.
So in the bigining server decides who does what and then lets players know their assignments, (like you defend, or support Player A, ro Lead Group A) in the end if you stick to it your assignment you get rewarded, if not - you dont get anything.

Also everyone would have some kind of code next to their head which would represent what thy do (like "D" for defence, "Leader A" for leader of group A, "A" for support member of group A etc).

After that leaders pick directions their team follow them, Defence takes positions. and here u go...

Loadout my not be the best way to choose "occupation". Instead of that performance could be used, or something else (i'd like to hera other ideas about that)
Generaly server should somehow decides (or guesses) what is one's best skill and sue it wise, maigh be based on numbers of players or size of map it can decide about quantity of offenfce groups need of defence

May be it's a good idea for a mod for INF, not INF itself, and some custom schemes should be created for each map instead of geenral rule on how to do that... Think about it