Making House and stuff.......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Intruder2k1

Modeller/Mapper/Animator
Mar 12, 2001
USA
www.angelfire.com
Whats the quickest way in making a house? Like are all the parts built sepearte and put together (roof, top floor, bottom floor....etc) Or is it one big (2d Shape Edited) figure? Or what? Like whats the steps in making a building with a nice sloped roof with all the different sloped edges...............(sorry for being so dumb!)

smithnwessun

Gravel
Jan 11, 2001
Quebec,Canada
this is my way

first you make a cube brush 32x512x512
then you add it :) hehe
then a 512x512x512 over
i working in ten minute so i will continu that after but keep in mind that you need too use everything ued can do

Intruder2k1

Modeller/Mapper/Animator
Mar 12, 2001
USA
www.angelfire.com
Ok say what now? Were talking HeightxWidthxBreadth right?

I mean what about those slaty roofs and stuff? Is the main do I just make a main bottom part like 512x512x512 then add a roof on the top of that........? (if so how do you make them cool slanted/realistic roofs?) Casue mine would be like just flat :)

I would do it like the do a real house :hmm:

lay a foundation the size you want the first floor (works good for any map)

put up walls.

then put the roof on.

thats how I did it for Lock'nLoad 3 for AQ2
lnl3.jpg

but what dose a washed up mapper know
sweatdroplaugh.gif

Intruder2k1

Modeller/Mapper/Animator
Mar 12, 2001
USA
www.angelfire.com
Oh I figured....i was just wondering the ezest way casue when I map I get like one thing done a week......I'm a very profectionest (even tho my maps suck anyway) but I'll put a screen shot up soon of what I just started working on and you can give me ideas casue my rutine is like I sit down open my map in UNREALED and just sit there and move around in my map.......thinking....sitting.....thinking.....sitting......then by the time I think I might actually do something it is time for me to goto work, sleep, school........etc....soo I never get anything done.....if I could map my maps would be great casue my Imigination and Creativity is my best quilities, but I just cant do what I vision. Anywayz I no you dont care about what I just said but I thought I let you know something or 2 about me.......Anywayz I will probably post more on needing help :) sooo try not to get sick of me :D

-Intruder2k1

smithnwessun

Gravel
Jan 11, 2001
Quebec,Canada
dont forget

Use vertex editing and 2 shape editor if you dont know how to use it try and you will learn by yourself sometime you you will be great :) powerful
im not great not powerful but im sexy ;)and gurl suck my cock