PDA

View Full Version : Quake III to UT and vise versa

Pr|sM
30th Aug 2001, 09:33 PM
does anybody know any mods that integrate Q3 into UT? music, weapons, etc? or do i have to do it myself? :p

:rl:

Nemephosis
30th Aug 2001, 09:50 PM
DO IT YOURSELF YA LAZY GIT!!!!!111 ;)

just kidding :p

Click the Modsquad in my sig, go to Mods (I think it's mods) and look for Tremor 1.07 or 107 or something like that. It's got the numbers 1, 0 and 7 in it :D

That'll be the weapons you're looking for.

Ferd
31st Aug 2001, 08:05 AM
I think in the Planet quake thing there´s a project and a beta of a conversion from UT to Q3.....

Peregrine
31st Aug 2001, 11:10 AM
I tried Tremor and didn't like it much.
Although if it was VERY much like Q3, I'm sure id software would CEASE-AND-DESIST the mod maker.

8-4-7-2
31st Aug 2001, 11:36 AM
And I expected another enlightening and mature Q3 vs UT debate ;)
Fooled again

Peregrine
31st Aug 2001, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 8-4-7-2
And I excepted another enlightening and mature Q3 vs UT debate ;)
Fooled again
Come on 8-4! What WERE you thinking...
teeheeteehee

8-4-7-2
31st Aug 2001, 11:42 AM
You don't need to quote my typos :stick:

Ok I thought about sex0ring a chick...and about Q3 vs UT ;)

ElectricHead
31st Aug 2001, 12:25 PM
Whats Q3?

EH
:minigun:

8-4-7-2
31st Aug 2001, 01:07 PM
Quake 3

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 01:08 PM
Well, the Q stands for Quake...and the 3 stands for 3 times worse than UT. ;)

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 03:27 PM
This coming from a guy who quit UT to go play Quake a few months ago.

:rolleyes:

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 03:36 PM
I did? Last I checked, I left because UT was boring me.

Now I can't play anything that uses Direct3D because my computer is b0rked beyond all reason.

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 04:28 PM
Yep, you did. I guess it wasn't just a few months ago. More like 8 or 9 months ago. You said...
Like I've said in a few threads, I've become more attached to Quake III than UT. UT is way too slow loading now and doesn't look nearly as good as Q3 does now.
No biggie, like you yourself have pointed out, you tend to say one thing and then totally say the opposite. I'm used to it, its cool.

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 04:34 PM
When I retired from UT, it loaded just as fast as Q3 did, so taking something I said 8 or 9 months ago and applying it to this situation would be false.

And, I never played Q3 more than I played UT. UT is far better than Q3 on the gameplay scale; everyone here will testify to that. I cannot be lured so easily by something as simple as graphics. :p

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 04:52 PM
I will stay in the community though, most likely at Capture. But until U2 comes out I'm a Quaker.

All I'm saying is, at one point you said you were retiring from playing UT and were only going to play Quake. Since then you have come back to UT and retired and come back a few times, but at one point you said you were a Quaker.

Your most recent retirement wasn't because you were going to quake, but one of your retirements was. But you changed your mind. No biggie.

Just like last time you retired you said you wouldn't be posting in UT forum anymore since you feel silly talking about a game you don't play, yet here you are. :p

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 04:55 PM
By the way, those quotes were from a thread you started titled "I'm done with UT."

Now you say you never played Quake more than UT, but 8 months ago you posted a thread titled "I'm done with UT" and talked about how you are playing Quake.

No biggie, like you have said, I should just take everything you say with a grain of salt, because you might do a 180 at any time. :)

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 04:59 PM
I think I remember that quote...from my second "retirement", if I recall correctly. :D

Would it make any difference in your mind if I said that I didn't feel silly anymore?

The only time I played more Q3 than UT would probably be Rocket Arena, and I still played that less than UT.

As for taking everything I say with a grain of salt...good idea. The golden rule: do unto others as you would like to have done unto yourself. Or something.

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 05:02 PM
Of course you don't feel silly anymore. You changed your mind again. I sorta expected it. :D

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 05:07 PM
You'll have to forgive me for my lack of solidarity. It seems to run in my family: whenever I ask my dad if I can do/get something, usually when he says no he'll come back around and say yes. :D I guess you can summise what a promise/guarantee from me is worth. :)

<][DeacoN][>©
31st Aug 2001, 05:23 PM
To all those Q3whores:sell your sh!t somewhere else we're already stuck in it here;)

Pr|sM
31st Aug 2001, 07:21 PM
you two act like your married...get a room :rolleyes:

i made this tread to see if there were anything to integrate the 2 best FPS ever made...

Cryognosis
31st Aug 2001, 07:53 PM
if that is true about loading times then here is the solution:clean your UT folder,slow loading times result from too many files being loaded up,i learned it the hard way,i think it's because of my map and texture folders im having problems because those are the largest folders in my UT dir

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Pr|sM
you two act like your married...get a room :rolleyes:

Well, that's a different approach to what most people considered it. :D

If were married then I'm the husband. I'm sure Boom wouldn't mind. ;)

Boom
31st Aug 2001, 08:25 PM
It's a woman's perogative to change her mind every 2 seconds.

Seems you fit that bill.

LordKhaine
31st Aug 2001, 08:50 PM
/me gives boom a cookie

Pr|sM
31st Aug 2001, 08:51 PM
awwww thats cute :)

cmon dopefish...kiss the bride :D

The Dopefish
31st Aug 2001, 09:08 PM
I don't think you'll be wanting to get the garter belt...my leg...well, let's just say my leg hasn't been shaven or even trimmed in 17.5 years. ;)

Cryognosis
31st Aug 2001, 09:12 PM

PLEASE go back to the subject

Pr|sM
31st Aug 2001, 09:20 PM
say dopefish...did you get your wedding dress yet? :p

Cryognosis
31st Aug 2001, 09:43 PM
say dopefish...did you get your wedding dress yet? :p

*sigh*

i asked for everyone to go back to the subject...

...oh well...

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 03:01 PM
but theres gonna be a wedding! :lol:

The Dopefish
1st Sep 2001, 03:31 PM
I think the subject was resolved a while ago. :)

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 05:04 PM
but theres gonna be a wedding! :lol:

whos getting married?

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 05:21 PM
dopefish and boom...

boy didnt this thread get way off topic

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 05:56 PM
dopefish and boom...

boy didnt this thread get way off topic

oh...

...ok...

*walks away slowly*

*opens door behind*

*turns around and runs like hell*

SimplyCosmic
1st Sep 2001, 05:58 PM
A Boom and Dopefish minor disagreement thread?

*sniff* ... I feel so much nostalgia for the good 'ole days washing over me at seeing that again .... ;)

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 06:18 PM
*runs to home*

*opens front door*

*grabs ripper,throws it behind,then grabs 5 redeemers* [/B][/QUOTE]

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 07:26 PM
ack...someones getting a bit hostile :rolleyes:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 07:33 PM
*loads the redeemer*

*grabs ripper (thrown earlier and also loaded) along with many other loaded weapons*

*locks door and readies weapons in case anyone comes*

(edit:oops i forgot to remove qoutes when i made this post)

(edit:removed [b] at the first part of the post)

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 07:38 PM
*grabs a gravity well and tosses it at ice lord and runs*

there...that oughta keep him busy :D

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 07:41 PM
*the gravity well harmlessly bounces off a wall and activates in front of Pr|sM (im not outside)*

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 07:44 PM
you know i tossed it through the window...and RAN

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 07:49 PM
you know i tossed it through the window...and RAN

*throws it back out before it gets a chance to activate*

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 07:55 PM
ok mr antisocial...you can stay locked up in your little hut

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 08:00 PM
ok mr antisocial...you can stay locked up in your little hut

*runs out (unlocked and opened door) and shoots 6 rounds of seeking rockets at Pr|sM*

*runs inside and grabs a few ressurection scrolls*

*waits*

i just relized how randomly i choosed colors for the *<action>*s...

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 08:05 PM
*dodges rockets* i have come to realize those heat seekers arent very good...i think they were made in russia :lol:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 08:11 PM
*dodges rockets* i have come to realize those heat seekers arent very good...i think they were made in russia :lol:

*relizes that after coming out that they missed,because there is a black set of spots on the nearby mountains*

*cusses out russia*

Originally said by Ice Lord
****en rockets!those ****en heat ****en seekers never ****en hit ****en any ****en thing ****en moving ****en false ****en advertisement ****en saying that ****en heat ****en seekers ****en own!

**** was said about 14 times in this post

The Dopefish
1st Sep 2001, 08:15 PM
Can we move this to OT yet? ;)

cornman
1st Sep 2001, 08:30 PM
Remeber to go Nalicity and DL all the Q3 map conversions. Although, I think that Q3 maps are much better than the conversions.

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 08:36 PM
OT? is that overtime? :lol:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by The Dopefish
Can we move this to OT yet? ;)

no :p :D

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 08:49 PM
i think dopefish just wants to ruin our fun :mad:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 08:56 PM
i think dopefish just wants to ruin our fun :mad:

*attacks pr|sm with the ripper,flooding the entire place with pure rippers* (curtisy of dexter's infinite bounce mod i found earlier in another thread :D )

*falls into a trapdoor to avoid harm*

*hears the "pr|sm has been killed by Ice Lord" message*

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 09:04 PM
oh but wait...

*as Pr|sM is down to 2 health he falls off a ledge an onto a big keg o health*

looks like that message is premature!!!!!

*floods the map with proxy mines and then hides in a dark corner*

:stupid:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:09 PM
oh but wait...

*as Pr|sM is down to 2 health he falls off a ledge an onto a big keg o health*

looks like that message is premature!!!!!

*floods the map with proxy mines and then hides in a dark corner*

:stupid:

looks like YOUR message is a bit premature!

*shots Pr|sM in the head as he floods the area,then attacks the proxy mines to avoid harm*

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 09:18 PM
*deflects your bullet with his sword*

*picks up the relic of strength and unloads on ice with the flak cannon*

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:25 PM
*deflects your bullet with his sword*

*picks up the relic of strength and unloads on ice with the flak cannon*

*has that one relic that ressurects the person that holds it,as well as the one that makes the redeemer type explosion (uhhhh...akimbo relic mutator??? :D )*

*respawns with items behind pr|sm due to the relic and cuts pr|sm in half with a 2 handed battle axe

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 09:32 PM
*teleports out of the way of ice's battle axe* (where the hell did that come from?!)

*has that one relic that turns you into Thor God of Thunder and tosses lighting bolts at ice*

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:35 PM
btw:its kinda hard to read some of the different colored messages so highlight them

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:37 PM
*teleports out of the way of ice's battle axe* (where the hell did that come from?!)

*has that one relic that turns you into Thor God of Thunder and tosses lighting bolts at ice*

U4E does have a axe,although it isn't a battle axe

there is no thunder god relic,and if i remember right,thor is suppost to be a warrior name (used in gauntlet 4 for sega,very very old game...) :p :D

Pr|sM
1st Sep 2001, 09:40 PM
HA! Thor is a norse god thank you very much...i think they were around a little before sega was :lol:

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:45 PM
HA! Thor is a norse god thank you very much...i think they were around a little before sega was :lol:

i think this is a strict UT battle anyways,after all you said "where did that axe come from?!"

there is a relic that ressurects you,and there is a relic that causes a redeemer style explosion when you die,the axe is in U4E which is a UT mod,so it is avalible in the arsinal,btw:how did you teleport? no translocator ready,you did no emotes on translocater throws,so in other words,respawn! :D

Cryognosis
1st Sep 2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ice Lord

i think this is a strict UT battle anyways,after all you said "where did that axe come from?!"

there is a relic that ressurects you,and there is a relic that causes a redeemer style explosion when you die,the axe is in U4E which is a UT mod,so it is avalible in the arsinal,btw:how did you teleport? no translocator ready,you did no emotes on translocater throws,so in other words,respawn! :D

last but not least:

although i did the double relic cheat,it shouldn't count against me because the vengance (i fannaly remembered the name!!!) relic had no real effect on battle,i couldn't have killed you if it did because:

1.the relic would have killed you,its impossible to kill someone at the same time they died

2.i would also end up getting killed in the blast

phillys
2nd Sep 2001, 05:43 AM
Ahem! Now, whose getting off topic?

Cryognosis
2nd Sep 2001, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic_Fighta
Ahem! Now, whose getting off topic?

who said we were not?

<][DeacoN][>©
2nd Sep 2001, 02:51 PM
http://www.unrealtournament.com/art/fan6.jpg

Pr|sM
2nd Sep 2001, 09:02 PM
i win :D

bwhahahahahaha

DeeperShade
2nd Sep 2001, 09:42 PM
Well, this threads mature :)

I would use the rolleyes smilie but i wont for reasons that will boggle the mind ;)

Pr|sM
2nd Sep 2001, 09:45 PM
im only 3 1/2 years old :lol:

Cryognosis
2nd Sep 2001, 10:08 PM
im only 3 1/2 years old :lol:

your not that young :p

you never beat me because there is no thunder god relic and it was UT weapons (even if they are from mods/mutators/tcs) only match:p

Pr|sM
2nd Sep 2001, 11:11 PM
i made a mod for UT...its called "i kick your ass mod"...it makes my character walk up to yours and beat you with a flaming 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smid
4th Sep 2001, 08:34 AM
Wumpus rocks both UT and Q3's house.

I now regard the matter as closed.

Smid

phillys
7th Sep 2001, 03:03 AM
Psychotic_Fighta bust in and spank both of them for being gigolos in the forum :rolleyes: