BMA, Mojo its time to take action

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LepraKip

May 13, 2001
I'm one of the admins on the planetinfiltration server, come over there if you want a nice game. I do my best to keep the game ****faces-free so...

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Hey lep, i believe yesterday i was playin on PI and it was set for 24 people. This really lagged things up, maybe you can keep it to 16. (bTW it wasnt just me, i have a fast connection, but generally everyone was lagging like crazy) correct me if im wrong though cause maybe it was another server. Me gets names confused. :)

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I say we e-mail all the major clans, and get their servers to ban this guy, and, a black list should be kept, and employ a few BMA admins for most of the clan servers. Maybe a few guys who go around on the servers and ask if everything is alright, and if there where/are any lamers, they e-mail the admin and ask him to ban\kick this player, possibly oficial BMA players could have special ban\kick authorighty in BMA supported servers.

Sep 12, 2000
Camp
im back :) hehehe

where is mojo and mega man my favorite candains?

some of you may rember me some of u may not. O-well im that pain in your side who when bored like now, cause im stuck with 56k again :{ types radom crap just to give me something to do.

but i do agree tking suxs acpet when its bots they dont really count.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
No. No banning. That is exactly what the BMA is against. Here's what you do. n00bs come on the forums to flame us -- we flame back, and we flame harder.

A TK'er comes on the server. Know what I used to do when a TK'er came on the servers way back in Counter-Strike 'bout a year ago? Targetting him right off the bat, and TK him at the start of the round, over and over. Sometimes I would be kicked from the server and forced to rejoin. Inform the server admins of this guy, advise people they will be TK'd, and encourage them to TK him first. Dose him up on his own medicine. When arguing with somebody, it is best to turn their own arguements against them. In a fight, it is best to disarm and opponent and use his own weapon against him. Fighting fire with fire is the best solution to every problem. He wants to make everybody else's playing experience hell? Take that satisfaction from and turn it against him EVERY time. If he starts to TK, make a demo (as suggested by Plague) so everybody can see he instigated his own just punishment.

This is the only acceptable solution. Banning isn't right (since TK'ing is allowed after all) so if one person wants to try and tk ten people, get ten people to tk him every time they see him. Take his own sh<i></i>it and cram it back up his assh<i></i>ole in spades.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
As I can see Zundfolge said, there may be a TK limit. Somebody else said this was off on that particular server (this is good, the entire team can target him right away and eliminate him from the game, he will be dead before he can do it to anybody else.)

If the TK limit IS on, find a way to divide the killing of him. Zundfolge says the default is five, so each person can kill him a total of four times without repercussions. If an order is devised, this killing of him can be extended as long as possible without anybody getting kicked and having to rejoin. For example, in a 6x6 game, he will be one out the six, with the other five able to kill him four times, for a total of 20 times, without any of them being kicked. Trust me. After 20 rounds, he'll get tired of being dosed up with his own filth and not having a chance to get back at anybody. By the time the first person gets kicked on the 21st round, he'll be out. Everybody will be kicked and have rejoined and have the slate wiped clean by the 26th round (since the last person in the order would get their fifth TK on the 25th round,) etc., etc. 5x6 isn't so bad. Furthermore, the players can also (through team work) explain to any inquiring administrator what happened and justify it that if five of them are ganging up one guy, that one guy is a TK'er, and instead of having legitimate players TK'ed, the only person TK'd is the original TK'er himself. Since somebody WILL be TK'd every round, and probably multiple people if its the TK'er himself doing it, the best solution is to have only one person TK'd, that person being the original TK'er.

By the way, when making the demo, it would be most advisable to force himself to admit he's TK'ing you just because, so he can't use the excuse "they're a clan and don't want me playing on their team" or whatever lies he'd spout. By using clever verbal baiting, he'll say "i'm tk'ing you cause you're a fag" or whatever, and then ask why you're a fag or whatever he said, and say things like "we never TK'd you" (make sure its we and not I so that he can't say others were TK'ing him) sooner or later he'll admit to this, and youll have it logged in the demo, so any suspicious admin will clearly be able to see that it was he in fact that started it.

Again, I never, <i>ever</i> condone banning. EVER. Try this instead. Its like a chess game. In a chess game, each player has a the same amount of pieces, and its up to one to outsmart the other at his own game. And it always works, every time. Just be smarter than him. A Tk'er can't be that smart anyways.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
Mojo, excellent idea for dealing with the TK'ers. The only problem I can see is that it temporarily ruins the game for others. I see no problem with someone, after this has occured, banning the offending individual from their server. If enough servers do this, then this individual will no longer be able to ruin the gaming experience for others. I beleive a combination of giving the person a taste of their own medicine, and then banning them if they don't get the hint, would be most productive. If they can continually disrupt games, even if THEY themselves are TK'ed, they win..for that is their purpose, is it not?