PDA

View Full Version : After the flak and ASMD, can we get confirmation that DODGING is in too?

Tetris L
29th Aug 2001, 10:30 AM
Seing that Legend dumped pretty much everything from the original game, I'm very much worried if dodging will make it's return in U2.

It's a great move that takes practice and skill to master and it adds to the game a lot, especially for advanced players.

/me votes for dodging (and more hidden special moves)

IntRed
29th Aug 2001, 11:48 AM
aren't those included anyway?
or didn't they mention it?

!tango.j
29th Aug 2001, 12:11 PM
Maybe they will be cool and make dogging bindable.

I hope there is dogging that is one of the great differances, for me, between the UT feel and the Q3 feel

/me like UT game play

WildfireX2000
30th Aug 2001, 11:45 AM
Dodging already is bindable, it just takes abit of work.

But somehow I can't imagine that big mech thingy you supposedly play as dodging anything.

Tetris L
30th Aug 2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by WildfireX2000
Dodging already is bindable, it just takes abit of work.

Here we go again. Unless you're talking about keyboard macros or programmable input devices, I'd really like to see your dodging alias.

WildfireX2000
31st Aug 2001, 10:45 AM
Now, now...I personally have now idea how to do it, but I've heard of it being done. Basically, I think you have to bind a key to "hit A once when depressed, hit A again when released," and tap the key to dodge, but I'm not sure.

WebSlinger
31st Aug 2001, 11:52 AM
from http://www.digitalextremes.com/developer/index.html

Another feature that I want to touch on are the player movement combos. Yes, dodging was very cool, but why not take that further? It is VERY cool to do some spectacular move in the middle of a firefight. Very reminiscent of the Matrix (of course I have to bring that up). Just like dodging; once you do some crazy loop in the air, you'll never go back to just jumping like a rabbit around the levels. (You will still be able to do that jumping like a rabbit thing btw)

Tetris L
31st Aug 2001, 05:37 PM
WebSlinger,
you're aware that that applies to UC, not U2, right?!

DE got it right! They said they would include more "combos" weapon modes (like the ASMD combo) and more "special moves" (like dodging) in UC. I think everybody that has commented on that by now agreed that this is the right direction and that it will be lots of fun and reward skills. If only Legend would realize that too. :hmm:

IntRed
31st Aug 2001, 05:45 PM
yeah, but then again, u2 is supposed to be the total opposite of uc is, in gameplay and storyline that is
uc in a way is like ut on console with better story then ut imo

Tetris L
31st Aug 2001, 06:39 PM
If UC would be released on PC at the same time as U2, I'd probably prefer UC over U2. Everything I've heard about the UC gameplay by now really sounds very good.

Tetris L
31st Aug 2001, 08:45 PM
BTW, in case you missed it, definetly check out this UC movie from E3 (http://garnaaldemo.planetinternet.be/movies/unrealc.zip). It's the non-streaming version. By far the best gameplay footage published by now, showing lots of weapons, characters, environments and the famous particle effects.

WebSlinger
1st Sep 2001, 11:10 AM
agreed, more ultra skill "combo"-like weapon moves would be great. I don't care if it takes me a year to learn to do it :D

IntRed
1st Sep 2001, 11:36 AM
whoe, movy looks impressive, i love those oversized weapons :D
and vehicles look promesing

hal
1st Sep 2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-
If UC would be released on PC at the same time as U2, I'd probably prefer UC over U2. Everything I've heard about the UC gameplay by now really sounds very good.

I'm beginning to think exactly the same thing.

ravenus
1st Sep 2001, 10:29 PM
I don't think a PC port of UC is a very likely thing.
What I feel is that the stuff appreciated in UC will be incorporated in UW.

Tetris L
2nd Sep 2001, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by TTRStryker8
whoe, ... , i love those oversized weapons :D

Pancho Eekels commented on that in the VE Comments (http://www.voodooextreme.com/comments.taf?postid=20386):
#3 by Jallen at 11:23 AM PST on 08/31/2001
Why are the guns so damn big?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#8 by J.P. Eekels at 11:30 AM PST on 08/31/2001
They will not be.. These screenshots are from a build that did not receive the proper weapon attention yet. The guns will be scaled properly soon!

hal
2nd Sep 2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ravenus
I don't think a PC port of UC is a very likely thing.
What I feel is that the stuff appreciated in UC will be incorporated in UW.

Yeah, I agree with that. It doesn't look like UC will see the light of day on a PC, period.

IntRed
2nd Sep 2001, 11:31 AM
ow, 2 bad, looked freaky :D

HR_DrBasta
12th Sep 2001, 06:32 PM
Yep, dodging r0xz!
I got so addicted to dodging that I'm trying to do it in every FPS :D :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

NeoNite
15th Sep 2001, 08:37 AM
Unreal=Dodging

Meaning, No unreal game should be without dodging.. it's extremely good and beneficient for the player :D

HeadsHot
16th Sep 2001, 05:31 AM
Dodging was perfected in Max Payne. I'd love to see something similar in U2 MP.

Tetris L
17th Sep 2001, 01:02 AM
You can dodge in the leaked pre-alpha. I think that settles my concerns. :)