How to fix your OpenGL settings...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dire Wolf

Mar 18, 2001
Hey guys,

I figured I'd pass this on in case some people have been having problems getting the OpenGL renderer to work in Infiltration.

Firstly, it is highly recommended that you visit Unreal (Epic Games site) and pick up the latest OpenGL renderer. This fixes various issues such as white squares around decals (like footsteps etc) as well as a general boost in FPS.

The next step is to ensure your Infiltration.ini file is configured properly for this specific version of the Open GL renderer. If your Infiltration.ini file isn't configured correctly, when you go to enter a game, in Infiltration (online or offline), it will default to the software renderer!

Open your Infiltration.ini file, located in your Unreal system directory here or possibly here

Find the section labelled, "[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]."

Replace that whole section with the following:

RefreshRate=75
DetailTextures=1
UseTrilinear=1
UseS3TC=1
UseTNT=0
LODBias=0
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
Translucency=1
VolumetricLighting=1
ShinySurfaces=1
Coronas=1
HighDetailActors=1
MaxAnisotropy=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
UsePrecache=0
SupportsLazyTextures=0

Note: You may want to change the RefreshRate to 85.

Save the file. Everything is ready to go.

This should enable Infiltration to work the with the new OpenGL renderer.

Hopefully this helps anyone who has had trouble getting the OpenGL renderer to work.

Best regards,

Dire Wolf

robrob

May 4, 2000
Nice Work

I have been using D3d ..yes I know... even though I just picked up the Kryo II. I tried it once and it looked worse. I am guessing some of these tweaks will help. Thanks for the insight.