Triggers and movers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I am trying to make a decent lift. I have made the mover for the actual lift, and two doors. I have triggers in front of the doors. The lift movers key 0 is at the bottom, so the trigger outside the door at the bottom only opens the door.
The lift triggers the door at the top, so the door (should) open when the mover gets to the top, and the trigger outside the door at the top triggers the lift, which in turn opens the door when it gets to the top. I have done all this and linked them all together, but none of the triggers work. Is there a special setting you have to set in the movers properties so that it can be triggered from a trigger? and is there one that means you can not trigger it by touching it?

This pic shows all the relationships between them all and stuff:

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
hey all,

Use one trigger to do everything, and set delays on each item until it activates. Like the doors open, and close after 5 seconds, and the lift takes 15 seconds to reach the top, the top doors open after 20 seconds, and close 5 seconds later. This way, the player would hit the trigger and the doors would open, close, move up and poen on arrival.

Staging the events like this would be pretty simple.

DrWinky

PS do all this by using one triiger to trigger however many required, with the delays set in the properties. This may need 5 triggers or so to make a truly great lift, but its worth it

ah... i was just going through machismo's tuts to see if i haven't got any and what do i see? the movers tut.
This one shows you how you can make doors and elevators in your level, trigger them to open, give them sounds, how to set up elevators so that bots can use them and all the various other settings that a mover can be assigned.
duh... o well machismo you can come out of ghiding as i think you do mention it in there

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
thanks ultrimatenovice. i thought you were the expert on everything machismo? writing all those (damn good) tutorials on just about everything? tut tut...

My freinds tell me that i am dazed most of the time. due to what I will not reveal on this here forum ;). but in my moments of sanity I can do stuff - scale the highest peak in the world too :p

try this on for size

http://forums.unreal2.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80765

:p

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
Remember me? ("I just don't give a ****!")
Remember me? ("Yeah, **** you too!")
Remember me? ("I'm low down and I'm shifty!")
Remember me? ("I'm shady!")

OT whats your fav Eminem song. do ya like cypress hill :D

[edit]

slim its a touchy subject try and dont mention it :D

u must be high or u would have noticed that the attached img says "i'm stupid" - cause I modified it :p

:rolleyes: